RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya CR-01 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-cr-01/)
-   -   which of them is the best? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-cr-01/193007-them-best.html)

roy 2 08-07-2009 10:23 AM

which of them is the best?

which of the cr-01 is the best crawler?

roy

mrklaw 08-07-2009 10:58 AM

they should all be exactly the same as they are the same chassis - unless there are tiny differences in body weight and height causing tiny differences in COG.

Although perhaps the Bronco gets the edge as it has new tyres which might be better than the others, although you can buy them separately, or buy some from other manufacturers which would be even better.

roy 2 08-07-2009 12:04 PM

sow which be better for me to buy?

roy

mrklaw 08-07-2009 12:18 PM

buy the one you like the look of best. I like the Land Cruiser and bought that one. Bronco looked a bit odd to me - like the body was too small for the wheels.

roy 2 08-07-2009 12:42 PM

ok I will look at them and chose one

TrickyNickro 08-07-2009 01:04 PM

The Wrangler comes with a light kit

roy 2 08-07-2009 01:17 PM

I think that it will be more cheap to buy the led system after the crawler

860Crawler 08-07-2009 01:33 PM

The tires on the Bronco are definitely an upgrade over the LC and Wrangler tires. I have recently put the Bronco's Cliff Crawler tires on my LC and the difference is noticable. Lots more grip. Other than that I'd say they all would perform equally. Maybe the Wrangler would be the most top heavy being a hard shell body.

roy 2 08-07-2009 01:39 PM

sow I think that I will buy the bronco
what you say?

krapulax 08-07-2009 10:54 PM

Buy the one with the body shell you like best because that will be the most expensive part to upgrade if you are not happy with it.

meshwolf 08-08-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krapulax (Post 1931383)
Buy the one with the body shell you like best because that will be the most expensive part to upgrade if you are not happy with it.

QFT. The tires on the Bronco are better, but you'll most likely end up replacing them anyway, because they are still rather slippery... and then you have enough grip to snap the drive shafts and need to replace those and... "thumbsup"

I've been running the Bronco CR-01 for a month now, and it's lots of fun. EeePee's thread helped me to boost performance quite a bit, and after investing in the Proline Hammer G8 with Proline Titus bead locks it's starting to behave real well.

4WS is a must, because it turns like a cruise ship.

Regarding the body bit, I haven't even tried on the Bronco body yet. I'm running a Chevy S10 body from another Tamiya kit I had retired.

Get a 45-55T and ESC with drag brake, and high torque servos (and skip the savers), and install a BEC to make sure you always got enough power to turn the wheels.

It's not the best crawler out there, but there are alot of chumps out there who buy comp crawlers that they can't handle, and with some training you'll be able to piss a few of them off. :mrgreen:

Build it, apply driving skills, .... , profit!

War Pig 08-08-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshwolf (Post 1931509)
QFT. The tires on the Bronco are better, but you'll most likely end up replacing them anyway, because they are still rather slippery... and then you have enough grip to snap the drive shafts and need to replace those and... "thumbsup"

I've been running the Bronco CR-01 for a month now, and it's lots of fun. EeePee's thread helped me to boost performance quite a bit, and after investing in the Proline Hammer G8 with Proline Titus bead locks it's starting to behave real well.

4WS is a must, because it turns like a cruise ship.

Regarding the body bit, I haven't even tried on the Bronco body yet. I'm running a Chevy S10 body from another Tamiya kit I had retired.

Get a 45-55T and ESC with drag brake, and high torque servos (and skip the savers), and install a BEC to make sure you always got enough power to turn the wheels.

It's not the best crawler out there, but there are alot of chumps out there who buy comp crawlers that they can't handle, and with some training you'll be able to piss a few of them off. :mrgreen:

Build it, apply driving skills, .... , profit!

Can you measure the wheelbase on that Bronco body you have? Alot of people have been wanting that number. Thanks.

roy 2 08-08-2009 10:37 AM

tnx guy's
I like the bronco body
does the cronco is water proof?
I will buy the bronco when I get something like 50$

roy

meshwolf 08-08-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 1931769)
Can you measure the wheelbase on that Bronco body you have? Alot of people have been wanting that number. Thanks.

10 inches (257mm) from center to center of the wheel wells.

Distance between front and back fender, measured at the very bottom of the body 5.47 inches (139mm), this measure is from the inner side (towards the wheels) of the fenders.

Total length of the body: 15.35 inches (39cm)
Total width of the body: 7.28 inches (18.5cm)

Any other measures you need, just let me know.

meshwolf 08-08-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy 2 (Post 1931809)
tnx guy's

does the cronco is water proof?

Nope, I can't think of any kit that comes waterproof out of the box either (doesn't mean that there aren't, just that I can't think of any atm)...

If you get the electronics waterproofed, you shouldn't have much problems though. Waterproofing the servo is a simple operation where you fill your servos with a silicon free, water resistant, non-conducting grease (I use Würth WGF130 axle grease). You can do that to the reciever as well, and they've proven to work just fine submerged under water for a long time.

The great thing about the grease I mentioned is that it doesn't run, can take a fair bit of heat (works in ESC's too "thumbsup"), and it comes in a huge can.

roy 2 08-09-2009 12:01 PM

does the cr-01 is waterproof?

mrklaw 08-09-2009 12:39 PM

yes, but then you only get the motor in the kit (its brushed so is waterproof)

to make it completely waterproof, you'll need to either buy waterproof electronics, or seal them in watertight boxes/balloons etc.

meshwolf 08-09-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrklaw (Post 1933284)
yes, but then you only get the motor in the kit (its brushless so is waterproof)

to make it completely waterproof, you'll need to either buy waterproof electronics, or seal them in watertight boxes/balloons etc.

It's a stock silvercan, i.e. 540 brushed motor.

mrklaw 08-09-2009 12:57 PM

doh. I meant 'brushed' :oops:

roy 2 08-09-2009 02:03 PM

ohhh....sow I not think that I will drive it into the water

roy