Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: New JunFAC Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New JunFAC Chassis

Hey Guys, anyone picked one of these up yet?
First impressions?

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=277

Last edited by stewbaru; 12-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.
stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #2
Try to Bend it

I reckon it looks the goods mate. I will also be interested to see if any one has run it yet.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
20K Club

I get an invalid page from your link.

Looks like a decent design. I would be interested in seeing more on it.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Link was invalid for me also. I went directly to the Junfac site. It looks well made and has some cool features. I may consider the CR-01 platform now!
difflocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

it is a good looking chassis

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=277

try this link ...
Attached Images

The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Link fixed, thx Eye.
stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone tried one of these? I have a spare tranny and axles (CR) and thought I would give it a try just for kicks. ??
Jeephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Here is the crap part of it. Its got CR-01 axles on it.

Sorry, I just dont think Ill ever run them again as cool as they are. Until someone makes a better steering knucle for them anyways.

Very well said,everytime i get my CR01 running ,i break something else.Ive broken everything in the axles,the only thing good about them is the bearings , used some of them on another build.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have never broke anything in my axles what did you guys do? wow! from what i have dealt with all of my tamiya bits over the years they are always super strong and good quality!

on anouther note does anyone have a set of axles and a tranny i can buy from them so that i can buy this chassis! i want to keep my original cr fairly stock (except for the minor upgrades i have done junfac universal shafts skid and gmade shocks) i want this chassis! maybe could use diffenert axles i have a few others laying about?

c
yel98vwgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yel98vwgti View Post
I have never broke anything in my axles what did you guys do? wow! from what i have dealt with all of my tamiya bits over the years they are always super strong and good quality!

on anouther note does anyone have a set of axles and a tranny i can buy from them so that i can buy this chassis! i want to keep my original cr fairly stock (except for the minor upgrades i have done junfac universal shafts skid and gmade shocks) i want this chassis! maybe could use diffenert axles i have a few others laying about?

c
If you want a comp style rig I would start else where. This just seemed like a decent chassis to replace the conglomeration that is the CR-01 factory chassis. Just get some Axial axles, they are on sale at www.tcscrawlers.com
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I have to say it looks like JunFAC includes everything you'd need but I'd have to agree with Harley.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I have an Axial and my cr so.... i was thinking of doing the cr-10 or crax how ever anyone is calling it (cr axles and tranny with axial chassis) but saw this. there are certain pieces that are specificly for the cr on this chassis i would just love to get to try etc.... and am planning on getting one. just gotta get another set of axles.

Like i said before never had an issue with my cr axles. Tamiya parts imho are top quality and i have actually replaced bits and parts on my axial with tamiya parts because of quality and durability issues.

c
Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I want to keep my CR like it is and try this chassis. I already have a spare set of axles and tranny ready to go. It would be interesting to see how that chassis handles with the Tamiya running gear and maybe the Pro-line Rockster body. I agree with yel98vwgti on Tamiya parts quality. I have taken quite a few tumbles down wave-breaker walls along the ocean and aside from scraping up my body, nothing broke. The Junfac chassis looks very complete. I was hoping someone else has tried this. I do not know what kind of service you get from Junfac. I would feel better if I could get it from say RC4WD (Made in US) Their Diablo chassis is on sale/clearance for $50. But it is designed for their R2 tranny. If it was wide enough to fit the Tamiya gearbox in I might give that a try. But when you add up the price of links,spacers...etc it might be better to get it all together in 1 kit. I should wait till after HOHO comes and goes...HA!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

For my own xmas present I was going to get a hi lux but the money is just not there so I am going to do this and take apart my CR I have two weeks off may as well have a fun project (along with my new 1.1 cafe racer i just got). I am most likely going to order it tomorrow! so i will let you guys know for sure.

Also as far as Junfac is concerned I have there universal driveshafts front skid and gmade shocks and you have to pay with paypal (i like that better than through my bank) and it takes about a week to get here (seattle at least). I have never had an issue with ordering from them! I evan lost a pin and some hardware from my driveshafts and i emailed them and they sent me some for free (they know have a parts bag you can buy seperatly for 4 bucks which is worth it! The quality of the parts (i work in a cnc shop) are top notch i would love to see my guys making these parts! never had an issue with fit or finish! top quality to go along with Tamiya stuff!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Good to know! Yeah I was going to try it and get their drive shafts as well. If their quality is as good as Tamiya's, then I would be happy to give them a go.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Darn it check was less than I thought it was going to be! I need to Buy xmas gifts darn holidays! maybe someone can get me this for my Bday at the end of the month!

I will need to wait 2 weeks before getting this chassis that way at the same time i will order the transitions as well! i like my Gmades but the trannys look BA! I will give you guys a full report once it is built up. so around january 10th you all will find out how good this chassis is!

c
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

They are probably breaking axles by running them with a brushless/LIPO set up and/or running the truck to hard IE powering out of a bind/ driving it like a comp rig.

Looks like a good chassis!

The lizard chassis looks like a good one as well!

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=244
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #18
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=grimgard;2172495]They are probably breaking axles by running them with a brushless/LIPO set up and/or running the truck to hard IE powering out of a bind/ driving it like a comp rig.

No brushless , but giving it heaps in a bind,ive snapped the pins off the end of axles,striped the bevel (pinion gears)shaft , stripped the splines on the bevel gears in the diffs , pulled the "C"s (uprights) off the axles , pulled the screws that hold the "C"s onto axles out.
The trans seems to be holding up tho , cost me a fortune on upgrades to.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
Looks like a good chassis!

The lizard chassis looks like a good one as well!

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=244
Yeah I saw the lizard, kind of like the stock CR in a way just more bendy. That would be a great chassis if I could get a complete Toyota Hi-lux body kit without paying a fortune. HA!
Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #20

I am considering this as an alternative to some other products, and am very keen to hear how this thing performs. I also have some axles lying around and an R2 2-speed that I would slide in there.
The other alternatives are a Losi comp, or the Diablo chassis from RC4WD. The chassis is available for US$50 at the moment, but I am not sure of the links and things to get, so I thought the Junfac would be a good idea....

I would like to hear opinions on the Diablo or the Junfac, t seems both are little bit of an unknown....the Diablo seems to suffer from a steering limitation the same as the CR-01 axles. Biggest sell on the Junfac for me right now is that servo/battery tray over the front axle....the diablo has very limited mount points.
If I put the R2 tranny in, I think I could get the ESC opposite the motor, and the light Rx on the mounting plate with battery on that tray. This would make for a very low CoG.
Thump Wallop is offline   Reply With Quote