Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: CR01 Bronco Trans Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I ended up only using 1 of the large bearings and seating it in the middle. I also replaced the plastic piece that went on the end of the shaft and seated inside of the cup on the motor plate with a bearing. I'll take pics next time I tear it apart.

Last edited by Duxx; 08-03-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #22

Default Re: CR01 Bronco Trans Problems

I had this problem too.
The manual says to note direction in step 24 on piece A2 and motor plate. I thought the manual is suggestion front and back direction. But apparently it also suggests left and right of piece A2.
To make installing easier, I installed A2 on to the motor plate at first before mounting the whole thing to the gear case. This way you will notice the spot where the manual said. A2 should sit flat on the inner side of motor plate.

Last edited by yuyue; 08-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.
yuyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: CR01 Bronco Trans Problems

On another note, if you are planning on running a brushless setup in your CR you are probably going to go through parts. After adding larger tires I started going through drive shafts almost every time I took it out. Also the gear box is probably going to be the next week point if you beef up your drive shafts too much. I run the steel output yokes (by traxxass part number 4628x) and the plastic drive shafts (by traxxass part number 1951). They are stronger than the Tamiya ones but they will break before you gear box gets destroyed. Plus it's a 10 second job to pop out the old ones and pop in the new ones, oh and cheaper than the alternative too!
Gunngee is offline   Reply With Quote