Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Junfac driveshafts for CR-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Junfac driveshafts for CR-01

I had a problem with the Junfac driveshafts for the CR-01. There were no instructions with them and I only remembered a post on another forum about stripping and threadlocking them after the driveshaft fell apart and lost the pins.

Emailed Junfac twice about this and still no reply on sending a rebuild kit.

One more point is that for the CR-01 you have to grind off the lip on one end of the driveshaft on the gearbox side because the CR-01 has a very short output.

And another thing is that that the original shafts have a hole on bith sides of the yoke to allow a locking grub pin to pass through, the junfac ones only allow a grub screw to be tightened against the hole

Bit annoyed about this and lack of responce from Junfac
Nitro_Geezer_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #2

I know others have used sections of finishing nails to replace the pins if lost. As for the fit against the gearbox side, I have not run into that issue myself.

I have tried to contact JunFac about rebuild kits for shocks and never received a reply. I hope you have better luck and if you do please let us know.
phatTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:38 AM   #3

I got instructions with my shaft kits, as well as extra pins and some shaft grease.....this may be a new thing as a result of cases like yours. It is wise to 'inspect' pre-built products like this anyway...

I think it is a recuring theme about Junfac's lack of response....they seem to not give a damn, but it may be a language thing....hope they get it sorted though, I like their products...
Thump Wallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have always had good luck with Junfac as a matter of fact i just ordered the joker chassis from them cant wait for it to be here. as far as the pins you should always take them apart and reassemble them prior to install you can buy a rebuild kit now for 4 dollars from the junfac site. I love the product and have had good luck with them, they are a bit slow to respond but the quality of the part is there! buy the rebuild kit next time you place an order with them.

I have the rc4wd Shafts on my axial (it came with them i did not buy them) and let me tell the quality compared to the Junfac is crap! I will never buy a rc4wd part because of the quality of the driveshafts. IMHO I believe the stock driveshafts are bteer than the rc4wd!

ok i will get off my soap box anyways just make sure when you assemble you take your time.

c
yel98vwgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default Bent pin

Just bent one of my pins on my Junfac driveshaft too. Sent a couple of emails requesting a rebuild kit (no response yet). I think that I will try to get up and running again with a finishing nail.

I noticed that their new version of the driveshaft ships with a re-build kit now.
FreshMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
Try to Bend it

if you have an old crappy allen key close to the right size just use that. it will be a lot stronger.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Good idea - I don't think that this nail will hold up to much abuse.

HeHe - took it out to one of my favorite local crawling spots and the nail only held up for about 5 minutes ;) - will be fitting an old allen key tonight.

Last edited by FreshMeat; 06-01-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Update status.
FreshMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #8
Try to Bend it

Just incase you hadn't notice this thread is about junfac drive shafts for the CR-01. It would appear your asking questions about an AX10.

To answer your question though buy yourself some 1/4" delrin, and revo rod ends and make your own.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I had the same experience with my Junfac CR-01 drive shafts. The finish was really nice but they lasted only minutes and after repeated attempts to try and get a rebuild kit, I gave up & will never purchase anything from them again. I got the Tamiya carbon steel shafts and have been very happy with them. I ordered them on eBay through Hong Kong, they were reasonably priced, shipping was around $3, & they got here fast and there were no problems with communication.
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

P.S. I know this initial post is old but as far as grinding the lip of the shaft where it connects to the gearbox shaft, there is enough play in the shaft to get it on without grinding. once you have one side on, use a coat hanger or something to insert in the hole and pull the shaft all the way out and it should fit.
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote