Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: JunFac Joker Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #1

Default JunFac Joker Chassis

WooHoo!!!!!My JunFac Chassis finally arrive and with some parts also, can't wait to reach home start built in the office...hee hee
Things i got from JunFac
Joker Rock Crawling Chassis
Straight axle adaptors for CR01
JunFac carbon steel drive shaft for CR01
Gmade shock
Rest is from my old CR01 parts...

Half finish in the office......

Here is finish chassis

Shell that i plan to used....Custom Toyota

Still haven test drive it, as still looking for decent battery and place to mount the baterry....dont like the one it show you in the web.:-(

Thanks for viewing:-P
Spec-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What is your initial thought on build quality? Look forward to more updates & testing! :-P
Jeephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeephead View Post
What is your initial thought on build quality? Look forward to more updates & testing! :-P
The quality are much much better than some HK Manufacture. But down part are there is no instruction manual.have to download from web and after building you need some twik and setting to your prefer...other than that the are good.

Will test drive this afternoon after work.took me a while to workout the best way to mount the electronics...
Will update more pics on the ready for action version...;)
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #4

Wasn't sure about the chasis when I first saw it but looks good. Might have to spend some money on another future build and go after one. JunFac is gonna make me go broke before too long.....
GrndLvls Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrndLvls Brain View Post
Wasn't sure about the chasis when I first saw it but looks good. Might have to spend some money on another future build and go after one. JunFac is gonna make me go broke before too long.....
Hi, The chassis is not really expensive compare to RC4WD is much cheaper and you can get similar product...rc4wd i have deal with them before...the parts are on the high side and the postage are expensive too compare with junfac...but the works are good.just we got another option to get when we want something and pay less.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #6

here are the pics with all the gear

Just finish test run the machine....very satisfy with the performance.way better than the stock CR01. got lots of travel...will do more testing this weekend if no raining......it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11;):-P
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #7

My son and I have started the build of the Junfac Joker, we are using the Novak Rooster esc and 55 turn motor, we have 4ws, and using twin saddle batteries, one on each axle. Just doing the wiring. She has a pro-line beetle body.

It's a voyage into the unknown, and will be interesting to see how it goes.

Simon.

Last edited by Syncrosimon; 02-05-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Syncrosimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Looks good, ah the wiring is so much fun,eh?
Jeephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #9

A bit more work done today, just waiting for the correct balance board to connect the batteries to the charger.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #10

Just waiting for the correct balance board so that we can charge those lipo batteries. Have no experience of that sort of battery, but it seems a good idea to mount on the axles.

In hind site it seems a shame to break up a perfectly good CR-01, and I think what we will do is to buy the parts necessary to build up some more axles and put the CR-01 back together.

The Junfac is not as light as I thought it was going to be, not sure if that matters too much, but the build quality is awesome, and is sooooo nice to look at.

We are exited about painting the Pro line beetle shell and finally getting it on the trail.

Simon
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Nice rig! What do you think of the Gmade shocks?
jadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadama View Post
Nice rig! What do you think of the Gmade shocks?
They actually seem to be made very well, and come with a few spares. The double internal springs seem to be balanced very well and the Joker is way more supple than the CR-01 set-up. The material quality is excellent.

I have now reprogrammed the ESC for li-po, and used the Joker in the back yard, on the rock garden wall. There is a significant improvement in stability and traction from better articulation. It looks like the chassis is using the axle movement much more than the CR-01 setup. I do miss that CR-01 though and cant wait to rebuild it.

Thanks for the comments.

Simon.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
RCC Addict

The kit comes with G-Transition shocks? I noticed you and the OP both have them.

I'd like to see how this would fare in a 2.2 comp. Probably would need to add a decent dig.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #14

Default !!

Congratulations!!!!!

JOTE
JOTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 860Crawler View Post
I'd like to see how this would fare in a 2.2 comp. Probably would need to add a decent dig.
I agree, although id add BTA steering as well.

How much does it weigh?
low_range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #16

This is the first build I have done that has not come out of a box with instructions. We decided on the Junfac Joker when I we (my ten year old) and I saw the OP's pictures.

The chassis is a thing of beauty and has a CNC machined look and feel to it.

I have no idea what a rig should weigh, but the junfac seems heavy at 6lbs 3oz without body shell.

Very pleased with the lipo's the 4200 took a 3800 mah first charge and seems to last for ever.

I went with the G-transition shocks simply because they look nice and would appear to have been made for the job.

The chassis now looks like it is stuck by the tires to the rock, looks completly different on the move.

Big up to Spec-R for posting those first pics.

Simon.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:37 AM   #17

really like your ride.....hee hee.seem better than my setup..give me some ideal to redo mine.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #18

She is in paint now. Just playing in the garden, bodyshell needs a trim. Piloted by my 11 year old son Jack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2JIsmH99Hg

Simon.

Last edited by Syncrosimon; 02-14-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #19

Just done some more wiring mod's. I have soldered on some 90 deg 4mm jack plugs for the batteries. This gives much better clearance to the body as the wires previously just caught underneath. Also soldered on a traxxas battery connector, which gives much better contact than the Tamiya style plug.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #20

Just an update on the junfac. This set up has proved to be super reliable, the most reliable rc we have ever run. I now dont even take out with me any spares and a tools, and as the run time on the 4200mah lipos is between 1 and 2 hours we can crawl for most of a day without re-charging.

This is a little video of my 11 yr old piloting the Joker. (please excuse the little foot nudge half way through)

http://www.youtube.com/user/syncrosi.../0/9A4JMZD0Gp8

Simon.