Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: New CR-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New CR-01

So I picked up my new rig today. Has a few mods already done, some I'm not so sure about. Has the Novak brushless crawler kit in it, HiTec HS-985MG, Proline coilovers and some Losi claws and a front and rear light kit. I am pretty newbish with alot of this stuff, but do know how to read so that's how I'm learning. Let me know what you think and/or what needs to be adjusted or moved around.

I can't do the BTA mod, ears are cut off. Should I move the servo back down on the axle? Not real sure why it's so high, other than a more scale look?

Thanks for looking!

Giz
Attached Images

Last edited by Giznad; 12-29-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Uploaded pics!
Giznad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

So, I've been playing with this thing for a day now; I do like it. But there is one thing that bothers me. Options, too many options for mounting shocks. I can not for the life of me, get the flex I want. I understand it's more of a scale type set up, but I can't get a tire up on a beer can without another tire coming up? Maybe my links are too short?

I do have another question. This thing didn't come with a battery tray or an electronics tray. Are stock ones worth buying, or should I just make some and bolt them in?

Any who, it's still pretty cool and once I get some items moved and installed I'll be set for awhile.

Giz
Old 12-31-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Talking Cr-01

nice blazer. i just took my cr01 out of the closet and took the axles off of it and i am installing them on an ax10 aftermarket white delrin chassis with an axial trans. and driveshafts.check my album and you can see it with the blazer body.i will post new pics soon.i may try my hand at bobbing the blazer.
creepr69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Hey thanks Creepr69. I like the blazer body. Wish it was more of a 71 style, that's what my 1:1 is but I'll take it!

Giz