Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: My modified CR-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #1

Smile My modified CR-01

Here is my modified CR-01 FJ. I did a few more mods as of today but have not been able to take any photos yet. Let alone im still waiting on new driveshafts. All the mods you see in the pictures here have been done using only the original parts! I have not added anything extra other than the body. I have been fine tuning the suspension almost daily for the last 2 weeks.

There are many more small mods to come. Im waiting to get a scale body, new wheels/tires, driveshafts, and a brushless motor setup.

Last edited by Anchorism; 08-13-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Anchorism is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #2

I like the desert truck look of your Cr01 !

About the suspension, and considering that you removed the cantilever system, you must have tons of torque twist with this setup

The way you attached your front and rear upper links clearly gives more squat to your axles, which add more torque twist.

If you plan on using this truck with a powerfull brushless motor, i would suggest that you use a 5mm - 7mm spacer to put under your upper links on the axle side, and that you use the lowest hole available on the chassis side to attach your upper links.

That way, your upper links will be more // to the ground and it will enhance antisquat and grip instead of torque twist...

Just my 2 cent
farfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip! It will probably be a little while before i switch to a brushless system seing as how the stock system runs rather well. The torque twist doesnt bother me that much honestly, but that might change later. As for removing the cantilever..... I just couldnt stand all the extra cr** on it! After removing all the unnessesary parts, I feel it looks a lot better
Anchorism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, cr-01, fj cruiser, mods, tamiya