Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Tamiya cr-01 unimog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #21

Default Re: Tamiya cr-01 unimog

I just finished a session with a mate who brought his Unimog. I'd seen pics but in the flesh it is awesome (cute ???). His was stock so it is a little top-heavy and without weight in the wheels, it struggled against my Axial Honcho with weight & some other mods. I would seriously swop the motor
for a hi-torque / lower speed model, as I did in my Honcho. At least, I will when I get my own (when I am sure my nuts will stay where they belong - 8 cars in 6 mths and wifey is getting very familiar with the carving knife). But, I believe, LOT's of potential. My Honcho is absolutely awesome in current form - when I get my Unimog I will lavish the same love / upgrades.
Grandpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tamiya cr-01 unimog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
I just finished a session with a mate who brought his Unimog. I'd seen pics but in the flesh it is awesome (cute ???). His was stock so it is a little top-heavy and without weight in the wheels, it struggled against my Axial Honcho with weight & some other mods. I would seriously swop the motor
for a hi-torque / lower speed model, as I did in my Honcho. At least, I will when I get my own (when I am sure my nuts will stay where they belong - 8 cars in 6 mths and wifey is getting very familiar with the carving knife). But, I believe, LOT's of potential. My Honcho is absolutely awesome in current form - when I get my Unimog I will lavish the same love / upgrades.
So your mate bought the Unimog from a guy in the USA? That's awesome.
Louisbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tamiya cr-01 unimog - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Unimog CC-01? lowslowTJ 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 02-04-2010 03:18 PM