Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: New shoes for the CR01 and other things...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New shoes for the CR01 and other things...

Body done! I really like this Active Hobby body. It's a bit small, I knew that but looking at Carlos' pics, wheelbase is closer to the CR than the body that comes with it. What looks funky is the width. It could use some new fancy pants RC4WD wheels but... I'm running with what I have at the moment.

Couple tips on this body: I put the window stickers on & then cut the "glass" out with a #11. pre-cutting the "glass" made getting the window trim on a real hassle. a heat gun seemed to really make the stickers conform & stay put on the body. I put some shoe goo on the mirrors but found a small 3Mx6mm with lock nut fits & is very hidden & drastically increases mirror pullage offage. I trimmed the wiper blades off the printed sticker and put some blades on from a Tamiya F350 part tree.

No roof rack on this one. My 4 year old drives this one a lot & I've found rolling over on a roof rack repeatedly cracks the body faster.

BTW, this is my 3rd boy who's learned to drive RC trucks on the CR-01... I should do a Tamiya Commercial because this thing has been abused and it just keeps on ticking. I think this is the 7th or 8th body.

Still need to put the aluminum bling on the OSRC sent me two years ago (thank you again). I seem to have a never ending list of hobby to do's.

All in all, the FJ40 body is my favorite but other than being a tad on the thin side, this is a sweet lexan shell and fits the stock CR-01 chassis nicely.

Last edited by DRW-FJ40; 07-08-2014 at 09:06 AM.
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Nice! Body looks really good on there
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I have a random question. Just started a CR-01 build and bought RC4WD wagon wheels to go with Flat Irons (I love the Flat Irons on my G6). I am having a bear of a time getting the tires mounted. Did you have any problems mounting yours? Any suggestions?
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote