Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: CR 01 hop ups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CR 01 hop ups.

Looks good bud! Great wheel and tire combo.

I like a 27-35t motor myself for a bit more wheelspeed. Dropped the pinion 3-4 teeth and it has plenty of torque.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Oh yeah, I'm running the 27t stock axial motor. Might have to look into a 17 or 18 tooth pinion. I might just be too used to the 3s brushless system I did have in it but now it's just piss weak wont drive up a vertical rock face if the back has to climb a bit too. Yeah I'm real happy with the wheel and tire combo, especially seen as the wheels are only cheap as $25 g made ones with rc4wd mud slingers. They do the trick for what I want though. This is only a fun truck so don't wanna put too much money into it. Got a bit to still spend on my ax10 and alot of time and a bit of money still to go on the scx10 I'm happy with how this goes now except for the lack of torque so ill sort that out and it will be good for now.
Thanks for the positive comments mate. Good to know someone is keeping an eye on these cool little trucks. Alot of fun the tamiyas!
ttv8ra23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Have the same wheels, they are great for the price!

Must be a gutless 27t you have, on 2S with a smaller pinion, mine gets around very well. I have a Holmes revolver/2S in my other CR and it will pull stumps. Not a lot of speed, but pretty sure the shafts will snap before that motor stops spinning. No joke - awesome motor.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Oh is that right? Mine is a stock one out of scx10 maybe I need to play with esc settings. I'm using the standard esc out of my twin hammer it's got a 12t motor limit so should be fine?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Looking good bro, in the middle of putting my cr-01 together, thanks for some ideas, I like the thought of rear steer...
Rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Yeah it's easy as mate. Do the behind the axle steering link as well it makes a huge difference! The rear steer does make it harder to crawl, well not really harder you just need to think more about where your back wheels are as the back of the vehicle swings round too. I have a 6 channel there that I need to get hooked up so I can control it independently that should make the most of it.
They are a fun little truck. I'm waiting for a good chance to take it for a run and now I have got extremely busy at work so it may be a while!
Ah well I just made a big order of parts from rc4wd for my scx10 conversion so I'm looking forward to that! Can get into building, it's as much fun building as it is driving. Get them both going and then me and the mrs can spend some quality time together trailing. The order consists of an axle for my twin hammer so we'll be all go. I'm loving my scalers at the moment! Need to sell my summit it's just sitting not been used!
Simon
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

This is what I picked up today! $500 sitting on 33x12.5s
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

One hop up I am using is a Jun-fac metal drive shaft. So much better than stock, the wheels turn constantly instead of having that lag the plastic ones have. Also if you want to make your cr-01 look nice and scale, dropping the frame rails does it good. I have mine on a Hilux body and 1.9 TSL's. The only problem is how wide the axles are, it's like having D60's under a 1:1 Toy lol. Coilovers are another good hop up. I am going to try to take my lower links and mount them more parallel to the ground once I get some coilovers. Here is my rig how it sits now. Except the body is pretty scratched up now.

AC_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote

CR 01 hop ups. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Must Have Hop Ups?? monsterman Axial SCX-10 22 01-10-2011 06:26 PM
Hop ups? Ryan_m_c Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 06-16-2010 10:37 AM
hop ups Mr.Slave Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 08-06-2008 09:33 PM