Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: First time build. Pajero Rally.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #1

Default First time build. Pajero Rally.

Hi guys, first post and first tamiya build. I've made the move from nitro to electric and after playing around with my absima at1 truggy (fun but gets boring) I decided I wanted a little more in tha way of having something to build and customise rather than ready out of the box. Don't get me wrong, I love my AT1, its great to stick in the boot and get out after work to play on the car park, but its pretty limited to just general bashing.

I'm the kind of person that does all the research then ignores it for a product that I like. I've heard arguments on both sides about going for an axial or a tamiya, and the tamiya won! Purely for price reasons, as I wasn't sure I wanted to sink a load into a truck that might only get used every so often, and never in a competition way.

So, I saw this on ebay, rang my local hobby store tosee if they could get it, to find out that it could take up to three weeks to get in, (this is after being told to ring on monday and it'll be here on wednesday). SO I took the pluge last monday and it arrived on tuesday!! I'd say that was great service, MR EBay!

Preamble over, lets get to it, its pretty much stock out of the box, but I cut the brick off as it lasted about five mins and annoyed me, and changed the motor for a 55t one as it went like stink with the stock one.
I used a new power servo for steering as it was the best we had at work, and by god it was a good choice.
The wheels were an ebay find, as I heard the box ones were not up to much, I found the roofrack in a discount store, it started life off as a soap dish. I used the spot lights form the kit to fill in the blanks under theroofrack, and wired it up to the headlights, for which I created a reflective backing out of a jam tart case

I've locked the rear diff, but left the front open, any benefits to locking the front too?

the electrics are encased in an old tobacco tin my friend got me from his dad, with the holes for the wires sealed with shower caulk.

Next up, is to replace the rear linkage with something that doesn't catch on everything. Any tips on making your own linkages? as the ones on ebay are a little pricey.

Thanks for looking any tips will be gratefully received, as I'm very new to this.
~Poots.
Pooty Applewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #2

Default Re: First time build. Pajero Rally.

There's nothing more fun than a Tamiya build! Nice work! It looks great.

I do believe that's a CC01. This is the CR-01 forum. No big deal. Just giving you a heads up. And the CC01 forum tends to get a little more activity than this section.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

oh, my, the first post and I get it wrong. I'm so ashamed Thanks for the kind words, I did mean it to go in the cc-01 section, my bad.
Pooty Applewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooty Applewater View Post
oh, my, the first post and I get it wrong. I'm so ashamed Thanks for the kind words, I did mean it to go in the cc-01 section, my bad.
No worries! No big deal! ;)

Welcome to the site!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Great looking little Mitsubishi, what is the brick that you refer to cutting off?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Well, it brings a little life to the CR01 section anyway.

I'm not sure what a jam tart is, but it's looking good! You've got all the basics already done.

Here's a few pics of some of the rear link mods I've made...really helps when crawling over something.

OSRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:28 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Very nice CC-01
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:54 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Nice CC-01, welcome to the forum!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:56 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooty Applewater View Post
Hi guys, first post and first tamiya build. I've made the move from nitro to electric and after playing around with my absima at1 truggy (fun but gets boring) I decided I wanted a little more in tha way of having something to build and customise rather than ready out of the box. Don't get me wrong, I love my AT1, its great to stick in the boot and get out after work to play on the car park, but its pretty limited to just general bashing.

I'm the kind of person that does all the research then ignores it for a product that I like. I've heard arguments on both sides about going for an axial or a tamiya, and the tamiya won! Purely for price reasons, as I wasn't sure I wanted to sink a load into a truck that might only get used every so often, and never in a competition way.

So, I saw this on ebay, rang my local hobby store tosee if they could get it, to find out that it could take up to three weeks to get in, (this is after being told to ring on monday and it'll be here on wednesday). SO I took the pluge last monday and it arrived on tuesday!! I'd say that was great service, MR EBay!

Preamble over, lets get to it, its pretty much stock out of the box, but I cut the brick off as it lasted about five mins and annoyed me, and changed the motor for a 55t one as it went like stink with the stock one.
I used a new power servo for steering as it was the best we had at work, and by god it was a good choice.
The wheels were an ebay find, as I heard the box ones were not up to much, I found the roofrack in a discount store, it started life off as a soap dish. I used the spot lights form the kit to fill in the blanks under theroofrack, and wired it up to the headlights, for which I created a reflective backing out of a jam tart case

I've locked the rear diff, but left the front open, any benefits to locking the front too?

the electrics are encased in an old tobacco tin my friend got me from his dad, with the holes for the wires sealed with shower caulk.

Next up, is to replace the rear linkage with something that doesn't catch on everything. Any tips on making your own linkages? as the ones on ebay are a little pricey.

Thanks for looking any tips will be gratefully received, as I'm very new to this.
~Poots.
This is the link kit that I used on my Jeep Wrangler CC-01 build. It is made by GPM and isn't priced to bad.

Rear Adjustable Suspenion Links for Tamiya CC01 | eBay
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote

First time build. Pajero Rally. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
time to start my pajero build!!!!!!!! gearhead79 1.9 Scale Rigs 13 11-19-2012 12:47 PM
first time build! - cc01 pajero! DapperDan 1.9 Scale Rigs 13 06-23-2009 01:19 PM