Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Showtime JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Showtime JK

Custom hybrid CR01/Axial Jeep 4-door.

Planning for a nice long winter build. Not sure if the end result is going to go out and get beat on, or sit in my office and look pretty. Either way, I get to cut up some metal.

If you've seen the Craxial, then this is the opposite. Started off with some full option CR01 axles, and designed a chassis around them. Chassis is 2mm 6061 and is designed to fit the body. It's set up to be 70mm wide to accommodate SCX10 bumpers, sliders, and chassis spacing components. May as well, there's so much aftermarket stuff out there, make total sense to do so.

Chassis - not worried about scale per-se, this is a show off machine so I had a little fun with the design. Rough cut, got some clean up to do later - just mocking it up for now with some 70mm posts and bumper mounts. Axles are full option, with aluminum cases, HD lockers and axles, and a few other aluminum bits. Won't need beef tubes here, these axles are heavy! I admit I have a shiny metal addition. No plans to cure it.

Modded up the rear a bit, fabbed up a new upper link mount, and cut up the lower link mounts so there's only 1 set of holes.

Working out the link lengths, using off the shelf components wherever possible. Plan to strip it all down to silver later. Maybe. G-transitions to start, may switch to sprung shocks, will experiment when I get it all standing.

More to come!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Showtime JK

Front axle hung

Motor installed

Whole lot of Wild Boars going on here. Used some of RPM's new sliders too - fit the jeep body perfect.

Plates on the sliders for mounting electronics, and a battery tray. Not 100% sure about it, but it'll stay for now. Ignore my doodling on the electronics plates. Just having fun.

2 foot view of the chassis as it stands

and with the wheels and body - standing on it's own finally.

Done fabricating stuff, now have to tear it all back down and finish it all... debating painting the chassis or polishing it up.

Last edited by OSRC; 11-15-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Nice and shiny.. Looks great all mocked up.. What company makes those shock towers?

Sent from my 2500HD
rocpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

They are Integy shock towers. Very nice, I run them on a few other rigs. HR makes a set similar with multiple mounting holes. Those extra holes come in very handy when setting up a custom truck
Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Mixed up some gunmetal and get some painting done. Not feeling the 2.2's above, debating using 1.9's instead.

Last edited by OSRC; 12-16-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Showtime JK - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Showtime Numbcrawling Axial Wraith 11 12-13-2012 06:02 AM
Showtime is still under construction ALTERED IMAGE General Scale Talk 19 07-28-2006 12:59 AM