Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: First run of the New Year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default First run of the New Year

I was pretty stoked to head out today. I made a commitment this year to run my vehicles both air and land more this year. Started looking at items I needed to upgrade and budget out for the next few months.

With the snow continuing to come down and CR-01 being my only off-roader not waiting for parts. I figure why the heck not! Spent the morning charging and checking for any loose bits. 2 hrs later I had to the back yard.

The this happened. I already ordered the upgraded parts, but I didn't think the stock brushed motor would snap it. I originally ran a brushless setup and that had a lot of power, almost too much. Hence why I went back to stock motor.

Measuredpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First run of the New Year

How disappointing! Perhaps the brushless setup had weakened it and with the cold it was enough to give up.

Its not very CR-01 friendly but I've found my CR-01 to be very unreliable unfortunately and theres barely a stock part on it - full alloy upgrades etc. I've ragged the bog standard SCX 10 to bits and its never skipped a beat :\
J55TTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I wasn't terribly disappointed, more amused about this occurrence. You may be correct about the brushless setup wearing it down and the cold finally snapped it. Part of it was also have one of my metal chain links getting trapped and locking that one wheel in place. I've actually had nothing but reliable performance out of the CR-01. I find that certain hop up parts can cause issues as their is very little give.
Measuredpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measuredpath View Post
I've actually had nothing but reliable performance out of the CR-01. I find that certain hop up parts can cause issues as their is very little give.
Agreed, mine is running many stock parts from the day I received it, and I back ordered it when it was first announced.

I probably have 100 of those axles, and I've never had one break like that....they usually wear out first. Maybe a bad casting?
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

First run of the New Year - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Run of the Year BlkCherry92XJ Oklahoma 1 01-02-2016 09:15 AM
2015 WCRCC New Year Poker Run rcjunky3 Competitions 11 01-08-2015 10:55 AM
2015 WCRCC New Year Poker Run rcjunky3 California 7 01-04-2015 01:20 PM
End of the year scale run? Big Daddy Arizona 46 12-26-2012 03:29 PM
Prepping a 5 year old for a trail run. Monkeyboy Chit Chat 9 07-09-2006 12:37 AM