Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 1/2 breed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

I didn't get a chance to ask. But did you think it had a better CG than first thought? Since that is what we were discussing before hand.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Looks like its workin really well for you. Glad I could help out with the torsion rods and lower links. Keep me posted if ya need any more Ti!
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I am really liking the way it performed.
I'd suggest anyone with a wire torsion rig to get a set of these titanium rods from you. The suspension seemed more controled and articulated very well.
Now it's time for the durability test
But I can't see these things giving up with out a fight.
Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
I didn't get a chance to ask. But did you think it had a better CG than first thought? Since that is what we were discussing before hand.
It was way better then I thought, but not as low as the Sw3 I have. I would love to see a mod'ed version out though LoL but that is just me! :-D But why mess with it working so well why mess with it?
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Great project! Can you explain why you wanted a 4 link setup in the front and a torsion in the rear?

-Ari
CrawlinROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinROCKS View Post
Great project! Can you explain why you wanted a 4 link setup in the front and a torsion in the rear?

-Ari
Well to put it simply I like both. I never had a torsion and thought I'd try it out (my way) with my previous bull build and ended up loving it.
I like the articulation and added gc the 4 links have.
So it was only natural to try out both. In the end I'm VERY pleased with the way it's come out.

the added articulation gives a little more control hitting some different lines that a torsion can't. While the torsion floats the tires at just the right time also minilizes the torque twist.
My belly clearance in right inbetween the way I like my 4 links and how my torsion was.
I honestly drove better than I had ever before because I didn't have to be so picky at choosing my lines as I did with my belly dragging dampened torsion. and didn't get into trouble like I had in the past with my 4 link.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Awesome, thanks for the explanation

-Ari
CrawlinROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinROCKS View Post
Awesome, thanks for the explanation

-Ari
No problem. If you have any more question feel free to ask or PM me.
Jj
Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Well I haven't had time to really drive this guy since it's first run at the comp. So I really had nothing I was use to, to compair it's performance other than the obvious.

So Yesterday I took it out on the test rocks here by my work and for a short little stent at 4 seasons (LHS w/Rocks) after getting a new part.

Holly crap can this thing perform. Made lines I've never been able to, side hilled better (thought the claws held better than the badlands but not by much) verts, declines everything was a very noticable difference from my previous 2 comp rigs.
Was going great till I lossed a wheel nut and had to stop but dang I was impressed.

I got the rig in quite a few binds to test the titanium rods and see if they bent past their rebound rate or if they'd break. NOTHING! the TI held it's own and then some. I perpously put the rig in a bind that bent my last set of steel rods and they've survived.

I'm hoping to put it through the ringer tomorrow as well.

Still haven't had the time to add the gear jelly to the r2d but maybe tonight if time doesn't get away from me.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Nice to hear J
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
Nice to hear J
I'm liking it.

Better watch out WA I'm getting better at driving to.

Did a little more driving today and I wasn't the only one impressed with it.
Another local comp friend drove it a little today and liked it as well. said it was an improvement from my last two rigs for sure.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Hey Jason, the video shows that your rig doing a great job on what I would call a tough course. You have every right to be optimitic about the Half Breed it seems to be working really well your on to something here.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Hey Jason, the video shows that your rig doing a great job on what I would call a tough course. You have every right to be optimitic about the Half Breed it seems to be working really well your on to something here.
Thanks I'm really liking the way it drives.

I was also able to get my 3Cell lipo back from being under charged. volt meter showed something like 2.7v in one cell.
After talking with Grover and take very carefull notes on how to possibly save it. I spent MANY hours balancing, recharging/balancing, discharge balancing I was able to save the pack. yesterday was the first time I was able to drive it with the 3 cell (2cell previously) and man what a difference in wheel speed which is a big improvement from the stealth 65 turn/12t set up I had before. I have this r2d set up with a 50t/14t pinion, but I think a 13t-12t pinion may suit my driving style a little better since I'm a little heavy on the throttle it appears now.

on a side note.
I can not discribe to everyone what a pleasure it is to conversate and learn from Grover. He is truely an asset to this sport/hobby and has helped me a great deal over the past couple years.
I'm sure that anyone who has been around him and spoke to him at a comp would agree with me.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

well this last comp sucked big time for me.
first I tossed a battery twice on the first course that I was doing well on, but two repairs ended that run. Broke two axle shafts that sent me packing for the rest of the day on the second course.

TIME to upgrade..CVD's next on the list. $$:-($$
Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Ya--you definately weren't having much luck were ya.

Your boy looked like he was having fun though I got some good pics of him I need to post too...
crash is offline   Reply With Quote