RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya TLT Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/)
-   -   diesel's blackjack V2.1 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/107410-diesels-blackjack-v2-1-a.html)

dieselfuel 02-24-2008 03:00 PM

diesel's blackjack V2.1

10 Attachment(s)
well i finally decided to rebuild my blackjack. i swapped over the the updated production chassis plates and redesigned my suspension. the skid is not a production BJ skid plate, its an old extra that i stole from frankyrizzo, lol! and as with any of my builds the skid has got a couple extra holes drilled in it that dont line up with anything. (i can **** up a skid plate with the best of them!) i also switched it to full droop til my new shocks get here.

i inboarded the lower links kinda like the GC1 does, and on the rear end used revo rods for upper links. the front end uses jato turnbuckles for uppers and a chopped up FatRock rc servo plate. i removed the vertical piece and drilled new servo mounting holes and new link mounting holes. the front suspension is actually double triangulated. i'd rather the front uppers be straight from the chassis to the axle but oh well.

i tore my shocks apart and set them up all droop for the time being til my new shocks show up, if they show up. (****ing post office) right now it doesnt articulate much, only about 3". i think i might change that again, not sure

i also re arranged the lead inside my front wheels. i was having a problem with my foams because of it. the lead was stacked too high and the foam would shift to one side and bunch up inside the tire. i noticed that with my SCRCRC rings you cant see inside the wheel so i threw about half the lead inside there. its not going anywhere and it can't be seen, that works for me. now the foam is taking up all the room inside the tire unlike before and it doesnt shift from side to side anymore.

the electronics placement is temporary, im gonna add a piece to support the battery behind the servo and my new body mounts will also house the ESC and RX. but none of that will happen til i get a new body.

anyway on to the pics.

dieselfuel 02-25-2008 09:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
i forgot the flex shots.

dezfan 02-25-2008 10:03 PM

Looks good man!

I need to get me a Black Jack as some point."thumbsup"

dieselfuel 02-26-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1069810)
Looks good man!

I need to get me a Black Jack as some point."thumbsup"

People are liking them so far. I love them, its by far the most stable 2.2 I've ever driven.

dieselfuel 02-28-2008 12:21 AM

7 Attachment(s)
got my new 3Racing mini LST shocks in today from RG motorsports on ebay. awesome seller, i highly recommend them.

anyway these are awesome quality shocks, super smooth and the threaded bodies are top notch. i just had to put traxxas ball ends on them because the stock ones have 2.6mm holes in them so 3mm hardware doesnt work.

i also fabbed up a servo bash guard and battery support plate. nothing fancy by any means. but it'll work when i get some velcro tomorrow.

oh and i picked up a losi body today and ran out of paint after the first coat.

drumbeater 02-28-2008 12:40 AM

I'm glad you like them. Their the only ones I'll be using on my Black Jack and maybe my rock racer too.

Stormin2u 02-28-2008 05:40 AM

Perfect chassis for full droop IMO :D

CSR 02-28-2008 07:15 AM

Looking good! "thumbsup"

dieselfuel 02-28-2008 11:10 AM

Thanks! Yeah stormin a lot of guys are running them droop and loving it. Nluvwithxlr8ing and drumbeater use these shocks on theirs with great success so I figured I'd try it out. I've always kinda preferred sprung suspension rather than droop.

Cslax06 02-28-2008 01:32 PM

I dont know how anyone can compete with full droop. It just doesnt have that driveability of a sprung rig.

drumbeater 02-28-2008 02:28 PM

Get that thing on some rocks and you'll be kicking Rizzo's butt with it.

Brandon 02-28-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drumbeater (Post 1073919)
Get that thing on some rocks and you'll be kicking Rizzo's butt with it.

:lol:

Stormin2u 02-28-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel (Post 1073673)
Thanks! Yeah stormin a lot of guys are running them droop and loving it. Nluvwithxlr8ing and drumbeater use these shocks on theirs with great success so I figured I'd try it out. I've always kinda preferred sprung suspension rather than droop.

Hey diesel, my current 2.2 comp fantasy is the Blackjack chassis with Poulsons axles, full droop, Axial tranny with VF dig and the new Proline C-10 body slammed. "thumbsup" Just typing it I got a little wood. I been drooling for some time but unless I win the lottery another rig right now might cause a divorce. LOL :lol: Nice rig dude "thumbsup"

dieselfuel 02-28-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin2u (Post 1074221)
Hey diesel, my current 2.2 comp fantasy is the Blackjack chassis with Poulsons axles, full droop, Axial tranny with VF dig and the new Proline C-10 body slammed. "thumbsup" Just typing it I got a little wood. I been drooling for some time but unless I win the lottery another rig right now might cause a divorce. LOL :lol: Nice rig dude "thumbsup"

i hear ya. im getting married in may and my building has already slowed way down. thanks man!

kick rizzo's butt? not without some new badlands.

dieselfuel 02-29-2008 07:51 AM

Well I got the body painted and mounted last night. Nothing fancy just a white losi grappler. I'm doing velcro body mounts on every crawler from now on. I love it, the body is not going anywhere and there's no damn posts or pins to **** with.

dieselfuel 02-29-2008 09:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
well heres some shitty pics of it with its new losi grappler. as soon as the batteries are done charging it'll be ready for a trial run.

JUSTGOINGSLOW 02-29-2008 09:30 PM

Dude, why are you calling those shitty, they look pretty sweet to me. ;-)

dieselfuel 03-01-2008 12:08 AM

thanks. just a little too dark, but oh well.. ill get some decent pics up this weekend, when its on a little bigger rocks LOL!

i really wish i could slam the body lower but the tires rub on it at full lock as is. whats smaller than a grappler?

Tanis 03-01-2008 01:05 AM

Body looks good Diesel8), and if your tires hit.....just trim a little more:) or limit your flex some..........wait, then you wouldn't have any flex at all:lol::lol: that won't work:-P

JUSTGOINGSLOW 03-01-2008 05:50 AM

Dieselfuel, I also have a grappler, and like tanis said you have to do alot of trimming. Three of my buddy's are running proline rockstars, and they love it no rubbing. I'm going to one also when my new chassis gets here.