Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT-1 axle bearings?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

the only thing the bushings are good for are spacers.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClodCrawlin
he hasnt gotten it yet, and he wants all teh stuff there about hte same size- hwo do i kno- MSN lol
Try you best to spell correctly and use proper grammer...

Im just saying, if you drive in alot of water constantly(everyday) it isnt much fun to have to tear down the axles. Atleast it isnt in my case because my income latley cant provide for an aftermarket screw set.
lunardaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:54 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunardaisy
Im just saying, if you drive in alot of water constantly(everyday) it isnt much fun to have to tear down the axles.

If I were to rebuild/start over with my TLT axles I would suggest running bearings at the pinion and in the knuckles. The pinion sees a lot of stress and turns which equals a lot of slop after a few runs. Bearings in the knuckles is a good idea too because after a dozen runs the axle stubs flop around making crawling a precise line tough...the tire will point in various directions on it's own.

Take it from a water group of crawlers.... ORCRC sees a bit of water from time to time, a few bearings will help to keep the life of the axles. Just hose them down with some WD-40 before and after each outting and water will go away

Quote:
Atleast it isnt in my case because my income latley cant provide for an aftermarket screw set.
Aftermarket screw kit? Are you crazy? Just go pick up what you need at a hardware store..... go into the metric section, stainless steel My local hardware store has a butt load of small metric hardware in stainless steel or black. For me it's a portion of the price for those wacky aftermarket screw kits.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Try you best to spell correctly and use proper grammer...

Im just saying, if you drive in alot of water constantly(everyday) it isnt much fun to have to tear down the axles. Atleast it isnt in my case because my income latley cant provide for an aftermarket screw set.
not to jack this thread, but before you start handing out advice on correct spelling and grammar, you might want to check your own skills.

grammer-grammar

latley-lately
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

I'll be sure to check that out Toyo! Thanks for the tip, i know my local hardware store doesn't but a bolt store in the northeast would. All my screws ad bolts on the axles have started to strip because of the constant abuse.

Thanks Toyo, Cya

p.s- Greg, You obviously misunderstood. I make a bold effort to keep "it" correct and legible. While clod on the other hand is polluting the threadand did not put alot of insight in the former post. If you wish to discuss this matter any further i suggest you contact me through the private messaging system.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #26
RCC Addict

i'll pass on that suggestion and finish here. i think you may have misunderstood that clodcrawlin was joking. that's all, no big deal. cyber handshake offered.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

At the end of the day it all comes down to who has a bigger d!ck.

Cyber handshake.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'll be sure to check that out Toyo! Thanks for the tip, i know my local hardware store doesn't but a bolt store in the northeast would. All my screws ad bolts on the axles have started to strip because of the constant abuse.

Thanks Toyo, Cya

p.s- Greg, You obviously misunderstood. I make a bold effort to keep "it" correct and legible. While clod on the other hand is polluting the threadand did not put alot of insight in the former post. If you wish to discuss this matter any further i suggest you contact me through the private messaging system.

If all else fails, mcmaster has all the screws you need. I use them all the time. I've never paid more than $5 for shipping which rocks the socks.

BTW, thanks lunardaisy
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote