Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I build a comp rig...this could be scary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCruzr View Post
Got the BEC and 45t Warrior in from JPCustoms in. This motor rocks. Just as much control as with the old 55t but more wheel speed. Going to take it out tomorrow and test it out.

Also took the time to mod my TQ3 to add EPA's for the 3rd channel in anticipation for dig.

I figured I'd try using 2 momentary push buttons to see how they workout instead of toggle. Still need to sand the jb that's filling in the old hole.

EPA pots...

Hardest part was trying to shove all the wires back in the case.

Long, you wouldn't happen to have a castlelink to adjust the BEC would you

I was looking on castle's website and came across some important information....
"Please refrain from tasting the yummy goodness of the CC BEC. Castle Creations is not responsible for any cases of upset stomach, indigestion, or other GI malfunctions as a result of CC BEC consumption. Eating a CC BEC is known to cause cancer in the state of California."
I do have a castlelink when you help me add pots.

When do you plan on testing tommorrow? I might be able to join ya.
bi_eep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

That's cool, you make your links the exact same way I do with the hole. I use pure brass brazing rod usually though.
MasterShake44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi_eep View Post
I do have a castlelink when you help me add pots.

When do you plan on testing tommorrow? I might be able to join ya.
Anytime after noon, depending when I decide to wake up
TxCruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:49 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

got new shoes and new wheels

Just want to say that Mayhem Eng. is stand up with their customer service. There was an issue with one of my wheels from the plater and they took care of it and kept me updated the entire time and threw in some extra rings. Great guy

The last time I went out I fubar'd the towerpro servo which I can't figure out since non of the gears are stripped and works fine until there is a load put on it. Replaced it with a 5955 and went ahead and added EPA for the front steering on the tq3.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, Mayhem is the schnitzel...
Looks great...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:49 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Beautiful Build, great job on the rig and the radio
JBHardwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

That's a good looking comp rig... the wheels really set it off ;)

I need to look into adding pots also... everyone says it's so easy
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

great truck
wheels
and radio
iwantoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Can't wait to see this at the next comp.

The competition is getting crazy!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #50

coming along nicely!! hows it wheel??
bigredneck61088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #51
RCC Addict

where the hell were you when the comp rolled round? i wish i coulda seen this rig in person.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
where the hell were you when the comp rolled round? i wish i coulda seen this rig in person.
He gave me one more comp before he takes over!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
That's a good looking comp rig... the wheels really set it off ;)

I need to look into adding pots also... everyone says it's so easy
Do it, the only hard part is trying to shove all those extra wires back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredneck61088 View Post
coming along nicely!! hows it wheel??
The tires made a huuuuuge difference. I took it out for a few minutes tonight and I was impressed. I originally took out my other 2.2 to test out the new flatirons but managed to snap a pinion shaft in half. I blame in on me being just that good of a driver but we all know that's not true :-(
The only major difference I made between tonight and the last time I had it out is the new wheels and tires. There is a little more weight in the front wheels then before and a little less in the rear.

The M3's might be a little soft but wow they work. I even got them wet and they walked stuff I wasn't able to do before with the cut lizards or mashers.
I still want to redo the front links but will probably wait till after I graduate in a few weeks, move, and everything gets settled down.

I tried to pay attention to what was keeping me from crawling a few things and most of the time I was getting hung on the front corners of the chassis. I'm debaiting cutting the skid a little narrower or just moving the front links to the outside of the frame so that they can act as a smooth transition for rocks to slide onto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
Family got in the way :-( Brother had a wedding shower and everyone asked too nicely and talked me into going home for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi_eep View Post
He gave me one more comp before he takes over!
Exactly Hopefully I can make the next one. I'm guaraneteed to be in CS till the 22nd when my mini-mester ends but after that it depends on the BP. Just waiting on their call to see when I have to take off.
If you or Tom go out this week let me know. I broke the tuber again but this one is still rolling. One of my packs was acting really retarded though. Unless I had it at full throttle it would lurch like the pack was dead and at full throttle it would only go half as fast as usual. It did this for about 20-30 mintues though before the battery did die and the 4cell side was really warm. Put the other pack in and it worked great. I'll probably go lipo for this thing once some graduation money comes in.

Last edited by TxCruzr; 05-04-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Little update. It crawls like mad I got a 7t puller in and will be installing that once my lipo pack comes in. I had 2 of the 7 cell elite packs but one is already toast and won't hold a charge after 2 charges I'll have a much better run time now with the lipo and will be able to keep the cobalt puller happy.....don't think the axles will like it though

Made a new front servo/link mount for the front axle in anticipation for the lipo. I narrowed it down to 2 packs, a saddle lipo pack and a stick pack. Ended up going with the 3100mah stick pack that will just barely fit on the front axle.

The hole on the right is so I can still get to the knuckle bolt. The threads on the right top knuckle bolt are stripped so I don't have to worry about that one.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

proof that I actually crawl with it

this first pic is retarded, i can't believe i was able to make it that far up. the top of the rock slants down and kicks the blackjack into the crack once it gets that far, but i think with 6 or 7 more hours or trying i could have made it

the pic is bad but the rock below the right rear tire is a ledge

poser i think that was the first time i made it up that rock, before i had lizzards and mashers but the hammers walked right up it

oh yeah

Old 05-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #56
RCC Addict

i know first hand that that rock is VERY hard to get up. its hard to get in position to even THINK about climbing it. your truck looks good.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote