Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: issues with rear axle build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Unhappy issues with rear axle build

ok i have RC4WD TLT-1 Straight Axle and the straight axel adapter i bought from rpp hobbies i have the axel mated to RC4WD TracGear II Spool Locker wich i got from the crawler store i have had verry good expirence with both of these vendors but for some odd reason the assebly of the rear axel was not as smoth as the build for the front axel only 2 out of the 4 bearing on the straight axle one each axle has groves for the eclips to hold the bearing in place the right has a clip on outher bearing and left as a clip for inner bearing unlike my front where they all alined up perfectly pluss the long shaft did not like going in smothly yes i am wear there is a grub screw in the spool but when i took it out the hole does not go completly through the side a little odd if you ask me with the adapters on the longes axel shaft wich has the eclip on the inner bearing that sets aginst the spool so i know it will not go in any farther as the build stands my major problem is on that side of the axle the pin hole for the is about 1/4 above the bearing in the adapter whear on the other side the the hub pin sits right on the bearing comparing lenghts of my axles the rear is longer has any one ran into this before? the only thing i can come up with is that the logest axle is to long
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

sounds like a classic RC4WD part for ya. you never know what your gong to get.
storminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Official Cook of the ECC

Was that all one sentence?

It hurt my head too much to try and help.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
ok i have RC4WD TLT-1 Straight Axle and the straight axel adapter i bought from rpp hobbies.
i have the axel mated to RC4WD TracGear II Spool Locker wich i got from the crawler store.
i have had verry good expirence with both of these vendors but for some odd reason the assebly of the rear axel was not as smoth as the build for the front axel.
only 2 out of the 4 bearingx on the straight axle - one each axle has groves for the eclips to hold the bearing in place.
the right has a clip on outher bearing and left as a clip for inner bearing.
unlike my front where they all lined up perfectly.
plus the long shaft did not like going in smothly.
yes i am aware there is a grub screw in the spool but when i took it out the hole does not go completly through the side.
a little odd if you ask me with the adapters on the longes axel shaft wich has the eclip on the inner bearing that sets aginst the spool.
so i know it will not go in any farther.
as the build stands my major problem is on that side of the axle.
the pin hole for the is about 1/4 above the bearing in the adapter where on the other side the the hub pin sits right on the bearing.
comparing lenghts of my axles the rear is longer.
has any one ran into this before? the only thing i can come up with is that the logest axle is to long
OK, I had to do it.... I write technical papers and bad sentence structure kills me. I couldn't read it either and it made my head hurt too. I don't know what the F is going on with this, but I am interested to see what the answer is now that someone can read it.....

Last edited by Mule; 05-31-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: add
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default yeah yeah

i have never cared about my spelling or gramer never and never will sorry that just who i am
Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default ugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminator View Post
sounds like a classic RC4WD part for ya. you never know what your gong to get.
classic rc4wd drive quality eh? well off to the machien shop for that axle shaft then:-(
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
i have never cared about my spelling or gramer never and never will sorry that just who i am
I understand that, but you have to remember that others - like me - have no reading comprehension abilities even when it's written well. I'm the guy that doesn't read directions because it's easier for me to just start putting it together. I went through High School and College doing as little as possible, now I can't remember crap that I read. Hands on only....
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote