Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Badger's first TLT build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Spending time in the garage is what I do to relax. Having ADD ID I don't really like sitting in front of the TV for long, which is also why I love RC Crawling so much. I can build and rebuild all day long and not get bored.
Sounds like me. I might watch a half hour of TV a week. Working on my RCs and 1:1s take up alot of my alone time.

Oh, and I'm going to steel your battery idea and improve on it.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #82
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Sounds like me. I might watch a half hour of TV a week. Working on my RCs and 1:1s take up alot of my alone time.
If I do spend time watching TV, I have my laptop on the couch with me so I can do some work and be somewhat productive.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #83
Rock Stacker

gotta love the Ford body nice rig ya got goin there.looks like it will hook up nice
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=badger]Spending time in the garage is what I do to relax. Having ADD ID I don't really like sitting in front of the TV for long, which is also why I love RC Crawling so much. I can build and rebuild all day long and not get bored.

I like to relax in the shop too, I just crank up the xm and go to work, but before I know it, it is 12 or 1 am and time to go to bed, damn I wish I had more time.

Here is what I spend most of my time on, when not working on the rc crawlers.
Attached Images

Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Damn, your one lucky sob.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Damn, your one lucky sob.

why? doesn't everyone have a 1:1 truck that they like to wheel?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
All I have is my resto 49' Willys pickup and my 82' Bronco. I'll trade you.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
Actually I think it is 3 fold. First you have time to work on your 1:1 until 1AM and not get *****ed at by your wife for doing so. Second, you have a sweet looking Mog that not everyone has a budget for. Thirdly, if that is your shop at your house, I am going to strangle myself now. I pay out my a-hole for a tiny "2 car" garage that I can't fit my Slinky into.

That my friend is why you are a lucky SOB.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
Actually I think it is 3 fold. First you have time to work on your 1:1 until 1AM and not get *****ed at by your wife for doing so. Second, you have a sweet looking Mog that not everyone has a budget for. Thirdly, if that is your shop at your house, I am going to strangle myself now. I pay out my a-hole for a tiny "2 car" garage that I can't fit my Slinky into.

That my friend is why you are a lucky SOB.

-Sam
Thanks for the compliment man. My shop has been a 10 year dream and it is finally done. It is 40x60 with 14" walls and a hoist. It is fulled finished, insulated and heated. It will hold 12 trucks, I have air, xm radio, pool table room, office, loft and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, sink and a URINAL , oh yeah and to top it off, I have COLD BEER ON TAP, 16 gallon kegerator. I love my shop and my wife is the most understanding woman in the whole world.

Thanks again, if you guys were a little closer I have everybody over for a work party and a rc comp, we have a couple acres and I built a rock crawl behind the shop for a testing ground.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment man. My shop has been a 10 year dream and it is finally done. It is 40x60 with 14" walls and a hoist. It is fulled finished, insulated and heated. It will hold 12 trucks, I have air, xm radio, pool table room, office, loft and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, sink and a URINAL , oh yeah and to top it off, I have COLD BEER ON TAP, 16 gallon kegerator. I love my shop and my wife is the most understanding woman in the whole world.

Thanks again, if you guys were a little closer I have everybody over for a work party and a rc comp, we have a couple acres and I built a rock crawl behind the shop for a testing ground.

Your garage is bigger than my house. I would love to hate you at this point, but I am too busy drooling over your garage to bother. That is sweet man. Next time I drive through Montana, I am sneaking a peek at that place. You mentioned the acreage you have that you built a rock crawl area behind the shop. With floor space like that, you could have a waterfall and creek bed through the shop and still have room for that Helicopter you are saving up for to put in there.

-Sam
Old 11-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Oh by the way (Waaaaaaaay off topic), what model is that? 416? Does it also run the same motor as the old 1962 404s with the neck snapping 90hp diesels?

-Sam
Old 11-03-2005, 06:40 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
Oh by the way (Waaaaaaaay off topic), what model is that? 416? Does it also run the same motor as the old 1962 404s with the neck snapping 90hp diesels?

-Sam

Heli ? no thanks, too busy with 1:1 4x's and rc crawlers.

Yes that is a 72' 416 doka, om352 diesel 140hp with an 8 speed tranny, way past the old 404's, that is what I started with many years ago. This truck will go 72 mph down the road and haul 12,000 lbs easy. You are always welcome in the shop, RCC guys have an open door from me.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Heli ? no thanks, too busy with 1:1 4x's and rc crawlers.

Yes that is a 72' 416 doka, om352 diesel 140hp with an 8 speed tranny, way past the old 404's, that is what I started with many years ago. This truck will go 72 mph down the road and haul 12,000 lbs easy. You are always welcome in the shop, RCC guys have an open door from me.

You know I feel like a RC ping pong ball. I have so many projects, I am not complaining I love them. RC alone 70+ boats, Sprint cars, Late model dirt Oval car, T3 dirt Oval project truck, several off road trucks and buggies, Scale pajero rig, TLT tuber, Clod something, TXT unlimited, Of course the RBX and a coupla of on road Yokomo's. Then there is the 1 to 1 stuff three projects (69 Mustang Grande, 1970 Boss clone and a 1971 SS 454 Elcamino) the daily driver 1979 2WD blazer and the rolling getto (funky motor home). Add on to that the normal house up keep and running my business. I am always working on something or another. I dream of being able to build a 12 X 40 garage on the side of my house someday. But none of them are as clean as the garage you have. :-)
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 AM   #94

Quote:
I like to relax in the shop too, I just crank up the xm and go to work, but before I know it, it is 12 or 1 am and time to go to bed, damn I wish I had more time.

Here is what I spend most of my time on, when not working on the rc crawlers.
Dam you all to hell! Now I am looking for a Mog to buy locally.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:17 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Quote:

www.expedition-imports.com

Scott is a great guy, you can tell him I sent you, very honest shop.

also, another great guy, Kurt Jackson, www.unimogswest.com

both should be fairly close to you.

Let me know also, cause' I sell em' too. " Big Sky Unimogs LLC "
I would be happy to sell you one for a smokin' deal and you could bring all your kick *** crawlers up here for a vacation to pick it up.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
And what are you going to haul? RC riggs?
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
You know I feel like a RC ping pong ball. I have so many projects, I am not complaining I love them. RC alone 70+ boats, Sprint cars, Late model dirt Oval car, T3 dirt Oval project truck, several off road trucks and buggies, Scale pajero rig, TLT tuber, Clod something, TXT unlimited, Of course the RBX and a coupla of on road Yokomo's. Then there is the 1 to 1 stuff three projects (69 Mustang Grande, 1970 Boss clone and a 1971 SS 454 Elcamino) the daily driver 1979 2WD blazer and the rolling getto (funky motor home). Add on to that the normal house up keep and running my business. I am always working on something or another. I dream of being able to build a 12 X 40 garage on the side of my house someday. But none of them are as clean as the garage you have. :-)

Thanks Randy, It has been truly a labor of love and a pile of $, but I think the end result was a amazing workspace and play place too.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
And what are you going to haul? RC riggs?
Do I have to haul anything?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Do I have to haul anything?

maybe an occasional hummer h2 or h1?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Badger, are the batteries you are useing the same as what is used in a mini-t pack?