Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My GC2 TLT "Cookie"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #21
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I haven't updated the build thread in a while . The crawler has now been completed and I am very pleased with it. The improvements made on the GC2 from the GC1 are noticeable. I was able to finish 2nd this past weekend in the TXRCRCA East Texas Chapter's comp at the Tyler State Park. Here are some completed pictures of the truck in my back yard rock garden:

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

8 months later and I am still rockin' the GC2 TLT. It is by far the best shafty I have ever built. The fact that I have owned 8 months is a mile stone considering how fast I normally go through crawlers. I was playing with it tonight in our back yard rock garden and handed my son the camera to take some shots of it since I haven't revisited the build thread in 8 months.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #23
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default More pictures

Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #24
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Some body off shots

Some body off shots:

I am running soft rovers with custom foams and the added diff clearance is great. They are hard on the very weak TLT CVD's though. I get about 10 battery packs before the weak CVD shafts break.

I am still running the Holmes brushless Crawl Master. With 3S and 96 tooth spur and 18 tooth pinion gearing I love it. The torque is unreal and I LOVE no motor maintenance. Props to Crawler Design Works because with out his custom 6mm Axial trans outputs that gearing would not be possible.

AR6000 Spektrum receiver. I had to step up to higher C rated lipos and what I consider better quality. Between the two full size Hitec servos and Crawl Master, the receiver would shut down. I added the Spektrum capacitor but also changed to Zippy lipo packs and they have been flawless.

I have my CC BEC and MM ESC wired independantly for power. My ESC has no on / off switch and to program the CC BEC I need it to be wired separate from my ESC.

The only thing Tamiya about the axles are the cases. Everything in them is from RCP. Although the CVD's are weak for a 2.2 comp rig, the lockers, pinions, SS Axle C's, aluminum lock outs and SS straight axles are plenty strong and have been in this rig for 8 months now. RCP makes some quality products.

All important link and shock placement. I love the GC2 chassis. I had loved my two GC1's before it. Gatekeeper (Austin) makes some awesome chassis's.

I can now say I am bonafide stick controller guy. I bought a DX3R thinking I would like it better for 2.2 and I don't. The DX3R is great for fast RC's, but for crawling I love my DX7. Hands down the best crawling transmitter I have owned and I use for it my Super and my scalers as well.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #25
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

In hind sight now I should have never called this rig cookie cutter. There hasn't been much of anything cookie cutter about it and 8 months later it's still going strong. Thank you to all the vendors and forum members that made the building of this rig possible.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #26
RCC Addict

awsome rig!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote