Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: derlin links for j2-tt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question derlin links for j2-tt?

i found the site that sells the derlin links for a bunch of chassis and differant axles but i couldnt find the ones i am looking for. i really want some high clearance links for my j2-tt chassis and tlt axles. anyone know where i can get some? or maybe anyone with experiance know what else will work or the size needed? thanks
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I'm running a J2-TT with TLT axles (amazing setup imho...)

I was using Traxxas Links, but bent one, so on a whim I ordered links from TCS...

I got links for the stock axial (mine were bent though...), and bolted them in...

I've got my shocks (maxx shocks... no droop) setup kinda weird (axle placement), and I've got a 13" wheelbase. I know that I could acheive a 12.5" WB or smaller if I would mount my shocks differently to the axles...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

hmmm thats good to know. so i could have some made a lil shorter then the axial bent ones or maybe run bent in the rear and straight up front. hmmm to many idea's now.
but i'll list some specs of the new rig
tlt axles
j2-tt chassis
axial trans
dna dig
associated shocks
sidewinder esc
Panther tires on axial black chrome beadlocks(till i save some extra coin for another set of ericsons)
thats the stuff i have and i'm getting
futaba 3pm radio
hitec 645mg servo
hites 225mg mini servo for dig
maybe a 45 turn or 35 i cant decide
any thoughts or sugestions???
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm sorry... my explaination sucked... here's some pics to help out... (you may have understood, but I think this is good tech...)

Here's how I have my truck setup... with the "single hole" mounts. I have my links going INTO the mount, and the shocks are on the SIDE (inside) of the mount, and they're mounted on the same screw...

I used THIS (v) mount

and the above setup combined with the axial links gives me a 13" wheelbase...

BUT...

you could run these (v) mounts... run the link into the lower hole, and the shock INTO the upper (not on the same screw), and acheive a 12.5" wheelbase

The only reason I run the link mounts that I do, is so that the links are even with the bottom of the chassis (links (before bend), and bottom of chassis...), which does nothing other than make it look a tad better... but it does hinder ground clearance...

to still get the links to be flat with the chassis, you could just trim the axial links a bit, and mount them as I have done with the single hole mount...

So... what I'm saying is: Using axial links (bent or straight) in combination with TLT axles and a J2-TT CAN be comp legal, you just have to use the double hole mounts...

just my .02/experience on the subject...

Now... about your plans: sounds good!

I have ran a 55t, and a 35t, and both leave a bit to be desired... so now I'm running a 45t integy, and it fits the bill perfectly.

I also run a 645MG servo for steering, and when setup correctly (angles, lengths of servo horn/linkages) it can be made to work... even though I would still like to get a stronger servo...

Last edited by grob23; 01-06-2009 at 05:26 PM.
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

I loved mine!

EP's J2-TT - part 2

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote