Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New tuber on the bench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

No flex shots yet, will probably finish it tonight after work. As soon as it's done I'll get some pics posted.
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #42
Colt Python/SR9c

looks good.. nice winch
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:08 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

And I'm DONE! actually no but it felt good saying that. For the most pard it is done, pulled my receiver out of the clod and ran it with the battery strapped to the hood. Gotta get a Lipo pack for it. It isn't great as far as handling goes, maybe that has something to do with the battery location .

Things left to do are make new front links that are 1/8" longer(the panhard bar mount hits the steering link when mounted on top of the knuckles), get a Lipo pack, trim the hood, waiting on decals from Xtreme, LED lights. Also got to pick up some new rims for the swampers and get them back on.

Took some pics before I ran it and scratched it all to hell. Don't ever slide proline tires across a white counter top. Also the anodized look paint came out to look more like a candy apple red. Kinda cool, to bad I'm gonna beat this thing like no other It will look alot better after it gets all bashed up anyway.
Attached Images

Last edited by thaclodking; 10-21-2005 at 05:26 AM.
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:49 AM   #44

Clodking, your crawler looks very nice man. Quick question if you don't mind.... is there anyway you can tell me, or show me how you were able to incorporate the drive yokes (Traxxas?) onto the outdrive cups of your Stealth Tranny?

I'm going to be using the identical tranny as you, and I was thinking I was going to be stuck with using straight dogbones and cups on both ends for drivelines rather than any type of slider.

Also, what pinion and spur tooth count are you running? How's the ratio work for you?

Thanks man.
Klaüs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #45
RCC Addict

klaus...i'm guessing he drilled out his yokes (maxx 2.5's it looks like) and slid them over the drive cups.

Clodking, that truck is awesome! whats that paint called and where'd you get it? i'd like some. I really love this truck you made. if you ever wanna sell that chassis let me know. I might be interested! Also you might want to move your steering links above the knuckles for better clearance. Also good choice on tranny and battery to lose some of the weight that you gained from the chassis! And I have left burn out marks on the linolium with my moabs haha.

remember: don't unplug the fax!
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #46
Built, not bought

Smile

Looks Great So Far.keep Us Posted.hope My First Try Turns Out So Well.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #47
PapaGriz Yo

Friggin sweet! I love the look of it, great job.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote