Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Meet Critter - Bulu2 crawler w/ lots-o pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2005, 04:26 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up

Any compliment from DD is a good one! nice truck, good work!
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2005, 05:39 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Man! I reallllly need to finish up my crawler. I always seem to never finsih em before I start a new project.

We gotta go crawling sometime, that thing looks sweet! The action pics looks pretty sick too. I'll have to pm ya sometime when my crawlers done. Thanks for the inspiration on finishing it!

How much clearance is under it?

Oh yeah, nice body, almost looks similiar to mine. You just need to kinda chop the back end off there

Last edited by KidWithAcrayon; 10-21-2005 at 05:42 PM.
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I like the truck and all, but really all you did was spend alot of money and put things together.

Its like those allo Maxxes you always see in RCCA, yeah they're nice and all, but not all that impressive if your wallet allows.

I guess its cool, but there is nothing custom on there, other than links.
USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:39 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by USATorque55
I like the truck and all, but really all you did was spend alot of money and put things together.

Its like those allo Maxxes you always see in RCCA, yeah they're nice and all, but not all that impressive if your wallet allows.

In a way i agree, but i also disagree. I mean, he had to bolt it together, that alone makes it at least 300% cooler then the damn maxx. i like the bling, but its also funtional. just my 3 cents
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
Any compliment from DD is a good one! nice truck, good work!
I agree, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWithAcrayon
Man! I reallllly need to finish up my crawler. I always seem to never finsih em before I start a new project.

We gotta go crawling sometime, that thing looks sweet! The action pics looks pretty sick too. I'll have to pm ya sometime when my crawlers done. Thanks for the inspiration on finishing it!

How much clearance is under it?

Oh yeah, nice body, almost looks similiar to mine. You just need to kinda chop the back end off there
Thanks man! It has about 3 1/4" of clearance under the skid. I'll probably lower it about a half inch since it's a little too unstable at the current height.....At least for my liking. Let me know when you're ready to crawl.

Quote:

There is no way in hell you can compare this truck to Maxxes you see in RCCA. No chrome, no piggy back shocks, no polished anything. The only thing I tried to make look good on this truck are the body and painted rock rings.

And by no means does this truck dictate that I have a large wallet. It took me several months to gather all the right components to build this truck. Crawlers tend to cost more than most other rc's. You better get used to it. Also, there are more custom parts here than you think. Other than the chassis, almost everything else made of aluminum was hand built by me.

So, since I used a Bulu chassis and that makes it just like all the other 'Maxxes' you see in RCCA does that mean anyone else that uses a Stick/RBX/NN/V prime chassis is no better that RCCA? Get real. It's called supporting your RCCrawler Vendors that help this site grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic
In a way i agree, but i also disagree. I mean, he had to bolt it together, that alone makes it at least 300% cooler then the damn maxx. i like the bling, but its also funtional. just my 3 cents
Thanks. Glad to hear someone can appreciate what it takes to build these types of crawlers.
cman_1500w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman_1500w
There is no way in hell you can compare this truck to Maxxes you see in RCCA. No chrome, no piggy back shocks, no polished anything. The only thing I tried to make look good on this truck are the body and painted rock rings.

And by no means does this truck dictate that I have a large wallet. It took me several months to gather all the right components to build this truck. Crawlers tend to cost more than most other rc's. You better get used to it. Also, there are more custom parts here than you think. Other than the chassis, almost everything else made of aluminum was hand built by me.

So, since I used a Bulu chassis and that makes it just like all the other 'Maxxes' you see in RCCA does that mean anyone else that uses a Stick/RBX/NN/V prime chassis is no better that RCCA? Get real. It's called supporting your RCCrawler Vendors that help this site grow.
You didnt polish it, I'm comparing it to some of the more oldfashioned rig. I custom did my chassis out of aluminum, but its very unpolished. I compared it to the maxx as more of a bolt on truck. You have to admit something that is CNC or laser cut looks much more professional than a homemade chassis depending on tools.

I like your truck, and I'm very jealous of alot of it, I just really think that one of the beautiful things about the hobby of RC Crawling is the fact of only the best will stay. Same reason why you dont see alot of annoying newbs around here, cause if you cant build or fab your chassis then this isnt something for you.

I guess you could see the beef here, I feel anyone who wants a truck as good as yours, should have to go through the troubles of building a chassis. Oh, you should also understand I've built 5 TLT chassis before I found 1 that worked. So, i went through alot of struggle before i had a working truck.

I'm sorry that I came off that way, I just really enjoy custom rigs more than something that could be pieced together.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:38 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just really enjoy custom rigs more than something that could be pieced together.

Better change your sig line then... because you look like all you enjoy are those RTR RC's that ANYONE can have.

Quote:
Traxxas E-Maxx
Academy SB Sport
Associated TC3
Tamiya TLT-1
Team Losi Mini-T
How did you "custom" build these rigs?

Just becasue he bought some parts, made some parts make his truck not as cool as other peoples? cman_1500w has built a few other crawlers, but you'd know that if you have been around crawlers long enough. His other rides are pretty cool custom built rigs.

It looks like a well built truck.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:01 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

**** it,

I'll just shut up.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
**** it,

I'll just shut up.
Thank you!!!!
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

No prob USATorque55. Apology accepted. Most of us here take great pride in our crawlers. To compare anything we do to mainstreem RCCA junkies comes off as an insult. I've been around RCC over a year now. I've built a couple custom rigs, and a clod using a chassis built by a buddy of mine. With this one I wanted to try some of the products sold by RCC's vendors. There's absolutely nothing wrong with building your own rig from the ground up. It's just a pain in the *** sometimes and takes a bunch of time that not all of us have the luxury of. Which is why I really appreciate what these guys do for us crawlers. They've taken a TON of the guesswork out and given us top quality products that are just as good if not better than the other 'mainstream' products in this business.

Thanks for creating this great chassis Toyo! It works awesome! Keep up the great work! :-D
cman_1500w is offline   Reply With Quote