RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya TLT Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/)
-   -   BrandO's scale Jeep trail rig (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/18636-brandos-scale-jeep-trail-rig.html)

YoUnG_vErSiOn 12-05-2005 09:29 PM

maybe this might work

i think i might have a cheap solution to your problem, it might not be clamping hexes but i had the stampede wheels on my tlt, and had the same problem, all i did was take away about 1/16 of an inch (on a lathe, but i'm sure a drill on a vise would work too)and use CA glue to set the hexes. Result, wheels locked to nylon and hexes didn't spin in rim. i dont know if this is solution for you but it seemed to wook for me. BTW, those wheels look really good with rockrings, kinda like MT (alcoa) wheels!!! GOOD JOB< NICE RIG!!

BrandO 12-06-2005 08:21 AM

I took the stock plastic hex and modified them a bit. I took off about a 1/16th of an inch from the thickness. That way the wheel slides on a little farther. All I need now is some low profile locknuts and I will be allset. I need to order some stuff from Fastenersexpress.com anyways.

I like the way the wheels look. I call them "Poorboy Aluminum". Just sprayed them with some aluminum metalic finish Rustoleum. I plan to do the rock rings the same color with some aluminum button head screws.

James Luce 12-06-2005 08:37 AM

im in scince class right know so i gota say it quick. how do the rock rings work?

racerx 12-06-2005 10:05 AM

:flipoff: James, maybe if you didn't screw around on RCCrawler while in class you could spell science?? Just a thought. Oh yeah very cool rig!

:flipoff:

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 12-06-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_version
i think i might have a cheap solution to your problem, i had the stampede wheels on my tlt, and had the same problem, all i did was use CA glue to set the hexes.

Old news Kila :flipoff:

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 12-06-2005 02:33 PM

Oh yeah, sick jeep dude!! :shock:

Got Rocks? 12-16-2005 03:42 PM

had it wheelin yet!!!! i love it nice job

BrandO 12-16-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Rocks?
had it wheelin yet!!!! i love it nice job

Not yet, I had a problem when I went to take it for it's maiden voyage last weekend. I had bought a new (or so I thought) speedo a while back. Come to find out it doesn't work. Maybe sometime very soon I will get to take it out.

NitroRC Ed 12-30-2005 04:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well - got it all together and running. Ran the Jeep on the inside test rock pile. Have a few ideas to work out but overall it does nice. Can't wait for the weather to get better to take it out to the big pile and see how it does.

Great work BrandO - one of the most fun driving crawlers I have.

And yes the first scratch hurt....:mrgreen:

Ed

NitroRC Ed 12-30-2005 04:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
One more set.....

Ed

1BadJeepBruiser 12-30-2005 10:29 PM

Nice

That Jeep looks even better be run on the rocks :mrgreen: very sweet dude.

MIke

BrandO 12-31-2005 08:26 AM

Thanks Ed, It's nice to see it on some actual rocks rather than soda cans. It looks right at home on the rocks.