Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bodies for TLT rigs...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #1

Default Bodies for TLT rigs...

I have what might might be a stupis question, and I apologize in advance. I am not new to RC, but to crawling I am. I recently, like yesterday, aquired a modified TLT that is about 80% done. I am throwing in electronics and I need a body and it will be done. The chassis is carbon fiber but it is the direct replacement for the stock aluminum. IIt has been lengthened with the kit form Toobee so it's right about the size for 2.2 but a 1/10th body is way to big. I had a 1/12 body off a car I have and it seemd big too. Will any of the Parma PSE 1/18 scale bodies fit on this? In perticular I like the classic pickup or the Bronko style bodies. I am trying to find length and width specs but I can't seem to find any. I appreciate the help everyone!
Gavxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

1/12 was too big? Most folks use 1/10 bodies. I am not sure what scale the body is on my comp 2.2 TLT, but it is nice and small and doesnt get hung up very often:

This is a proline C10. The small size does make it a bit difficult to mount on the chassis, but it is worth the effort.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #3

That is sweet. The 1/12 hung over quite a bit and by the time I would trim it it would be a waste. But I know what you were saying about the 1/10th. That's what everybody uses pretty much right?? Interesting. I might just have to get something and make it work. Thanks for the info!!
Gavxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

For the most part, any body you get will probably require some cutting if you dont want the tires to rub, unless you are building a scaler...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 AM   #5
RCC Addict

A trip to your local hobby shop will take care of that. Buy a body that you like, take it home and CHOP away.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote