Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Hexs sizes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hexs sizes

Hey does any one know the adapters I will need to fit maxx size rims? Is it 17mm. And are the ones at inetrc.com the right ones?
Thanks
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2004, 06:12 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Hexs sizes

if you mean the alloy wheels hexes for the tlt that inet makes then no those just replace the stock wheel hexes. If you mean the wheel widners then no those use the same hex its just wider. If you mean something else i havent seen on the site please post a pic or link please.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Hexs sizes

The T-Maxx hex is 14mm compared to the 12mm that comes with the TLT.

I would suggest you make your own hex adapters, it's easy and cheaper to do than buying them from a company. I do this with my TLT and I actually have tighter tolerances than the manufactured adapters.

All you need is some metal cutting shears ($12.00 to $24.00 at home Depot) and some 1mm sheet aluminum (.032 works also).

All you need to do is cut a strip that is about 2.5" long and about 3mm wide. Then wrap it around the stock TLT hex to size it up and get the bends correct.

Once you have it shaped, use some epoxy and epoxy the hex into the wheel hex of the T-Maxx tire you are using. Works great and I've had no problems with it at all.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote