Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: want to build one

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Smile want to build one

Hey guys I want to build a scale crawler what type of rc should I start with and were should I go to find one. Keep in mind I having to buy every thing online becase im in the desert right now ,and my only crawler is a nylent . but i wold like somthing beter also what skill should i learn I real want somthing nice . also thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
RCC Addict

For a scale look, a TLT-1 based rig would probably work best for you. You can find them at many online sources including TowerHobbies.com, and they are often on sale at UltimateHobbies.com.

When you mention what skills you should learn, what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about fabrication skills, or more like driving skills? As far as fabrication goes, basic mechanical know-how goes a long way. If you can cut and drill metal, and work with fasteners, you shold do just fine. Welding/brazing would also help if you want to get a little more advanced with your chassis design. For driving, practice is your best bet. Maybe if you can watch some videos, you can see how people approach obstacles and such. Everyone develops thier own style that works best for themselves. Have fun!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Sinking with the ship

Ok if you take a look around the board youd find lots of possibilities... Ill make a few suggestions for you though

Buy your self ....

1) TLT kit, takes the axles ..build them and lock them
2)tmaxx shocks
3)stampede trans, lock it
4)pro line tires (IE Moabs)
5)Wheels...alot of choices, I have HPI wheels on my trucks
6)RCKjeep rock rings, must have for scale look
7) Bender chassis, aubie tuber, hulk werks tuber, boyer tuber, rbx chassis, bulu chassis are all awesome chassis
super rooster esc or something similiar, maybe a tekin titan 2?
9)hitec servos 645s or JR 650z <- they have 3 no question asked warranty
10) cool body, Pro line makes some sweet bodies IE courier, fj40 and cj8 if you can find one...GOOD LUCK because unimoger will get it 1st LOL.
I like the HPI rubicon body as well as the Bronco body

hope this helps

mike
Old 01-05-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

10) cool body, Pro line makes some sweet bodies IE courier, fj40 and cj8 if you can find one...GOOD LUCK because unimoger will get it 1st LOL.

wow, that kinda stung alittle........
Old 01-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Talking

Hey thanks I have ben looking at a TLT-1 alot but just want to know if thier is a beter starter rc . I also mean fab skill just looking for any ideas on rigs. Im thinking EB or (dont kill me for this ) Geo Tracker body somthing difrent.Thanks for the help plan on buying and have it all ready and waiting when i get back to the states
Old 01-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger

wow, that kinda stung alittle........
Hey you know I am only kidding , Thats why I traded you my NIB fj-40 I knew you had sweet parts for me

Mike
Old 01-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

For a scale truck, its either a TLT or a Clod. TLT is a little harder to build for, but still pretty easy. Clod is easy to build for, but more expensive from the standpoint of electronics.

I honestly think you should just stop. And read. There is a picture archive stickied at the top, and just cruise through the pages of info here. look for threads that are more than one page, generally speaking, those are build up threads. Get some ideas from there, and then if you truly have more questions, then ask them. For now just absorb the ideas that are out there.
Closed Thread