Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: WOW---another TLT buildup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #201
Keep it real

New lid looks good Mike
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Thanks nathen--just waiting for the rain to stop so I can go out and scratch it
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Well I haven't made any changes to the rig in 2 comps, except to still tweek the dig servo rod--and finally got my first place finish...
Old 05-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #204
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
Soo--just a lil update..

I have been to 3 comps now and just love it and getting the hang of it..

Along the way I have upgraded a few things.

Went to a 7 cell 2/3a packs---man these things fit nicely on the front diff..

I also upgraded the fronts finally to CVD's and running a good steering servo (hobico cs170)

Along the way I ripped the splines out of my front RCp locker and fried my damn goat
Sounds like you've now got this thing fully pimped out. I like that you are still running the Crushers, it's refreshing to see someone trying something different more than 1 time.
Did you replace the Goat with another?
Quote:
Well I haven't made any changes to the rig in 2 comps, except to still tweek the dig servo rod--and finally got my first place finish...
Congrats crash, sounds like it is a well deserved win.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

I actually ended up taking the crushers off---they just could not compare to the losi claws unfortunately......

I did go buy another goat and will be sending the other in this week finally...

I am still shocked I did as good as I did--I have finally gotten over the "panic" you get from the comp atmosphere..

next step to get my boy up to par....
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #206
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
I actually ended up taking the crushers off---they just could not compare to the losi claws unfortunately......
Well, sounds like you did try to make them work anyway. It's hard to argue with what works if you want to win.

Quote:
I did go buy another goat and will be sending the other in this week finally...

I am still shocked I did as good as I did--I have finally gotten over the "panic" you get from the comp atmosphere..

After I got my first win last summer I felt the same way, my confidence was up and I had some other good finishes.
This winter season has been so messed up by weather and I have not had time to practice, my results have reflected it.
Keep practicing to stay sharp, keep that momentum going, and get your boy out there for sure.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Well, sounds like you did try to make them work anyway. It's hard to argue with what works if you want to win.

After I got my first win last summer I felt the same way, my confidence was up and I had some other good finishes.
This winter season has been so messed up by weather and I have not had time to practice, my results have reflected it.
Keep practicing to stay sharp, keep that momentum going, and get your boy out there for sure.

Here is my new practice area I just got done last week re-doing. Granted its river rock but you throw a few cones out and-----its nothing but good times

Kyles is also getting revamped closer to how my rig is setup...
Old 05-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #208
Keep it real

Quote:
I got to see your boy Kyle run for the first time in Novice Class on saturday, and I'll say it won't take a heck of a lot of work to get him up to par......he's got good instincts and can see good lines already, and all I think he really needs is more wheel time It was cool to have him standing next to me learning how to score, and hear him talking under his breath, giving good advice during the other guys' runs. If they could have heard him, they would have had better finishes for sure
Old 05-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I got to see your boy Kyle run for the first time in Novice Class on saturday, and I'll say it won't take a heck of a lot of work to get him up to par......he's got good instincts and can see good lines already, and all I think he really needs is more wheel time It was cool to have him standing next to me learning how to score, and hear him talking under his breath, giving good advice during the other guys' runs. If they could have heard him, they would have had better finishes for sure
Thanks Nathen

Me and kyle had a good talk about the comp. I had asked if he wanted to bump up to the 2.2 class--but after talking with him and he was pretty excited about learning the scoring part--he's pretty stoked to stay in the novice class. We went out last night and set out some cones---he hit a few--and laughed at me when I hit the same cones,lol--until he whiped out either a pinion or ring gear,lol....

Early last week the wife had brought up kyle wanted to jon a soccer team next month which played on saturdays--I brought up the point of the comps being the same days typicly--I think he chan ged his mind I don't know if its the RC thing more than just spending good time with dad.....
Old 05-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #210
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Here is my new practice area I just got done last week re-doing. Granted its river rock but you throw a few cones out and-----its nothing but good times

Kyles is also getting revamped closer to how my rig is setup...
Nice!!!
Quote:
I brought up the point of the comps being the same days typicly--I think he chan ged his mind I don't know if its the RC thing more than just spending good time with dad.....
Either way it's a win for you.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #211
Keep it real

Quote:
I don't know if its the RC thing more than just spending good time with dad.....
That's how it started for Britt and I......and now I miss the long drives to the comps with her as my copilot:-(. Don't take it for granted and enjoy the time as much as you can
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #212
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is a cool build thread . Over two years with the same rig is quite a feat. Congratulations on your driving and building success.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #213
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
This is a cool build thread . Over two years with the same rig is quite a feat. Congratulations on your driving and building success.
Thanks--the lil rig has been a blast--and will continue to run it--and build a scaler hopefully also
Old 11-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Ok the rig has been doing pretty good and holding up for the most part(blows drive shafts alot). But since its time to build a 3rd rig for my lil girl--I figured I would upgrade/chance my rig and save the old parts for hers....

Starting with this-----ax10 tranny and dna dig....