Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Jim511's wagon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Jim511's wagon

Welp, I just finished some minor work on the body, this is finally starting to come together. I still need to decide if Im gonna go the clod tub route like Toyofast, or something else. Im trading off a bunch of stuff, Im getting a rooster esc, and JR metal gear servo's (4WS). Right now these pics are just mock ups, axles are just in place under the body with where I want the wheelbase, which is 12.25" actually. Enough talk, on with the pics
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=43783
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=43782

Theres alot more to be done, and the wheels will be getting alot of attention over the next week or so. I think alot of people will be copying my idea once they see how awesome and realistic it is.
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2004, 12:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Jim511's wagon

Looks good. Are ya making functional beadlocks out of those wheels or something else?
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ya I like that body, check out the avatar.
Good to see more TLT scalers
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

That things gunna look awesome man, can't get enough of those power wagons...
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

No the wheels are just going to have a realistic look to them, but they will be slightly different than everyone else's realistic look. I really like this body too, and Im sorta surprised nobody else uses it on their small scaler crawlers. The tires are going to be undergoing some dremel surgery soon, I plan on cutting in between the treads down to the base of the tire so that they flex a little more.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Good looking work Jim! Paint looks great, I like the color combo. I think that wild colors and graphics look funny on those old PW bodies. You're right about more people doing this stuff! I have a Bruiser frame and TLT axles that might go under the PW body that I've had for a while now. I'll be watching for updates, you've got a good start there!
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I really wish that they made that body in smaller scale for my MGiant crawler...
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Fullmod, maybe I can finally get out with you guys and go crawling this spring! I really wanna finish this thing up, but Im stumped as to what to do for a chassis
Old 11-29-2004, 03:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim511
Fullmod, maybe I can finally get out with you guys and go crawling this spring! I really wanna finish this thing up, but Im stumped as to what to do for a chassis
I can't wait to get some crawlin in with my TLT too. It doesn't look good for this year though. Maybe next spring when it gets warmer.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Got the servo's today, and I sent the pede tranny and adapters out in trade for a rooster esc! New England guys, in beacon falls by woodland high school there is the industrial park, where there is some serious construction going on! Dirt, Mud, Rocks, you name it, you can find it! We should go there for a crawl in the spring!
Old 12-01-2004, 07:05 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Jim, I'm using a Bruiser chassis under mine. This place by you sounds great! I'm building the little truck for mud/dirt/bashing, so this place should work well! Maybe we'll see you out there sometime!
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I think I might just pick up a clod tub at my LHS tomorrow, and do it up my own way. Im still lost as to how to triangulate links, and how long I make them, and where I would mount them on the chassis. I did Wookie's axle link reconfiguration mod, but I dont know if I should slap it back to normal, and go with the way ORCRC mounts a piece of aluminum ontop of the servo, and mount the upper links on that.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:53 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

You guys are gonna shiver in your skin, but I fell in love with the PRP TLT chassis. It looks so awesome, and christmas is coming up, I think I might go half in with my parents for one. I really like building my own things though, how much do people charge for bruiser/mountaineer framerails?