Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: To hack or not to hack?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default To hack or not to hack?

I have a Proline Rock Pleazer body with fender lip remaining for looks. I was thinking of lowering the body substantially and opening the fender wells which will require cutting into the top of the hood and rear bed area. It may not look as realistic, but I was hoping to lower the center of gravity. Will this actually help with the lower the center of gravity or probably not notice any changes?

Tech specs on rig, may help with above answer: custom chassis with vertical tranny mount (looking into custom laydown chassis design), G-Made wideners, 5 cell pack on front axle, single narrowed Proline Aggressors wheels.
gobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I was sceptical about how much slamming the body would effect COG as well... I can say it does seem to make a difference! More importantly... at least to me, the truck fits through cracks when in extreme off camber situations alot easier. Instead of trying to go up and over a crack you can get sideways and squeak through. That make sense to you?
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

dezfan, not a crowd pleazer; I have a Rock Pleazer.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
RCC Addict

so your saying your gona chop the fenders?
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I say just cut the **** up and slam it.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
MODERATOR™

If you lower it enough, you might not have to hack anything. Once the tires come in contact with the body, and spin a little, they go past the point of contact and continue through their travel. But I mean mounted LOW! This is an untrimmed T4 Proline something or another...

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Currently my Rock Pleazer is trimmed just like Got Rocks. I was thinking of lower the body about an 1". Then this would create a load of tire rub because I currently have some minimal rub. So the idea, if it is worth it, would be to continue the fender well arc up and eventually remove the top edge of the hood and rear bed.

Side note: why are pictures of Crowd Pleazers being posted instead of Rock Pleazers?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #8
MODERATOR™

I think it's more along the lines of Rock Pleazers suck.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Oh and, it doesn't matter what body it is, I was saying that if you go low enough, you might not have to hack anything.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
I have a Proline Rock Pleazer body with fender lip remaining for looks. I was thinking of lowering the body substantially and opening the fender wells which will require cutting into the top of the hood and rear bed area. It may not look as realistic, but I was hoping to lower the center of gravity. Will this actually help with the lower the center of gravity or probably not notice any changes?

Tech specs on rig, may help with above answer: custom chassis with vertical tranny mount (looking into custom laydown chassis design), G-Made wideners, 5 cell pack on front axle, single narrowed Proline Aggressors wheels.
chop it! i have the rock pleazer body and it looks great chopped! check it out! Maxx Crawlers Gallery
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote