Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: bench wheeling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2004, 03:33 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default bench wheeling

So just as when I use to wheel 1:1 vehicles, bench wheeling was always a fun aspect - what would you build if you could build a different vehicle. I am already commited to building a relatively scale TLT, but continue looking at the VMG. What about building an ultra light tube buggy using VMG axles, mini t tranny, 280 motor with gd600 (would that even fit?), 10-11" WB, and maybe 4 double AAs for batteries (run it through a mini t stock esc?????). I have not looked into the electronics very much, but I think running just 4 AAs would be great for the weight aspect and keep the motor running slower (although this might effect the servo and the motor stalling). Let me hear what you think, maybe this will become yet another project .
rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2004, 05:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: bench wheeling

I say go for it man, My VMG keeps me busy modding and changing stuff all the time cause it just a fun little truck to work with. Not sure if the GD would fit, I'm not familiar with it but I just installed a gear reduction on my MG and it works great. You can find the gear reducton in other posts about the MG in this forum.

Adam
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

at least make a 4 cell instead, the 4 AA's really sucked when you drove it, it had barely any power
3L3ectricracer135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

A GD600 wouldn't fit, but there are TONS of gear reductions for 280-300 sized motors. Just look for plane gear boxes, especially the parkfly ones.

10-11" of wheelbase is quite a bit, but whatever floats your boat. I personally regret modding my VMG. That thing was such a blast out of the box. I wish I had kept it in a more racing type trim.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I dont actually see ever doing it, it would be one of many projects I would like to take on but just wont get to. I need to start/finish my TLT scale Rubicon first, and then get my nitro stadium truck ready for the offroad racing season. Just like designing and thinking of crap in my head (its much easier to do things there then on the work bench ).
rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote