Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Aluminum Axle case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
not denying they are similar, so are the links you sell compared to others that made and sold them first.........or where have I seen these before

and I made a set of the c's the first day I got the axles. and I believe there is a post from long ago about a set identical to yours that far preceeds your parts.

there is enough difference between the 2 to warrant both, His is designed to use a new kingpin that increases GC, and yours are thinner material and much less in cost. there is a market for both
Do you feel better now?
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
Do you feel better now?
Im just explaining to you its a 2 way street......
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

The Fat-Rock ones look like the stronger choice. Plus Sam & Dean are really good guys. Nothing against the other ones, I don't have any experience with them or the vendor. As far as the copying thing, Legal yes , but I think it's kinda chicken sh!t. thats just my 2 cents.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
Im just explaining to you its a 2 way street......
You are correct! I have no idea how many vendors make a top plate that all look similar but yes I am guilty and one of them. Generic I believe is the key term here. Didn't think the axle ends were around that long. Again, this is just not worth it.

David
Old 08-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #25
PapaGriz Yo

I'm done.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I'm done.
That's two of us! Right or wrong
Old 08-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Please don't turn this into a bitter dispute of who made what first or worse, who copied who. I am being totally straight with you that we did not copy your design at all or use yours as a starting point to make ours. We were in the works on this part a long time ago, but we were just slow in getting it to a production level.

If you can't take me for my word (and I can understand not wanting to), PLEASE contact me via PM and I will happy to discuss it more and send you a list of names that you can contact who knew about us making them long ago including the machine shop that put out our first samples.

Remember, we both like to make R/C stuff and it just so happens we both had the same/similar idea, but implemented slightly differently. They both work well and we should be happy and leave it at that. Your customer feedback has been excellent and so has ours and that is the most important part here.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
Please don't turn this into a bitter dispute of who made what first or worse, who copied who. I am being totally straight with you that we did not copy your design at all or use yours as a starting point to make ours. We were in the works on this part a long time ago, but we were just slow in getting it to a production level.

If you can't take me for my word (and I can understand not wanting to), PLEASE contact me via PM and I will happy to discuss it more and send you a list of names that you can contact who knew about us making them long ago including the machine shop that put out our first samples.

Remember, we both like to make R/C stuff and it just so happens we both had the same/similar idea, but implemented slightly differently. They both work well and we should be happy and leave it at that. Your customer feedback has been excellent and so has ours and that is the most important part here.

-Sam
Sam,

At this point I just want to end the debate. Maybe I was wrong and if so I'm man enough to admitt it. Thanks for the message.

David
Old 08-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Now kiss and make up. You sick little bastards.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #30
Ultimate RC Decals

whether things are copied or not it's just good to see that vendors are suppling parts that are needed to keep axles together.
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #31
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I can see that I will be needing some in the future. My tlt's are getting enough beatings that it is just a matter of time till something fails.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
Brothers don't shake....or kiss, Brother's gotta Hug!!

David, I can be the fat one since I tend to destroy the most stuff around here and light things on fire sporatically.

Run2jeepn - You asked earlier if that was my rig. Where'd you find the picture? Have we been out wheeling before?

-Sam
Old 08-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE
it's just good to see that vendors are suppling parts that are needed to keep axles together.

That's exactly why Dean and I are making stuff. We abuse the piss out of our parts and love coming up with ways to make the "unintended for our sport" parts last longer or work better. Preferably both.

-Sam
Old 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Man I have about every Magazine that has anything to do with Jeeps and Rock Crawling for the past 7yrs or longer. I just remember seeing it along time ago. I just remember your the only tard (LOL) that wheeled with a canoe straped to the top.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hey ya bud! Where I come from we get drunk, beat the hell out of each other, then decide on who buys the next round!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Man I have about every Magazine that has anything to do with Jeeps and Rock Crawling for the past 7yrs or longer. I just remember seeing it along time ago. I just remember your the only tard (LOL) that wheeled with a canoe straped to the top.

Correction. You should have said I am the "Only tard that wheeled with a canoe on the trail and in competition strapped to the top" hahaha

I have been wheeling with the canoe since like 1991 or 1992. Only one rollover so far and I missed hitting the canoe by a few feet. Here is a vintage shot of it back in the day before the shark mouth. Damn I miss that rig.

-Sam
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

I thought it was a comp, but I wasn't for sure. It's been awhile since I shot that write up on that comp.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #38
Ultimate RC Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
That's exactly why Dean and I are making stuff. We abuse the piss out of our parts and love coming up with ways to make the "unintended for our sport" parts last longer or work better. Preferably both.

-Sam

cool deal!! well i know i'll be ordering some of your axle ends if my braces ever fail.
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE
cool deal!! well i know i'll be ordering some of your axle ends if my braces ever fail.
Well then I guess I will never see an order from you then . I saw your braces and they should be plenty beef to never need what I have. Dean just runs the replacement ears alone without the original plastic axle part like yours and NEVER had issues.

By the way, great pic of your flop. I am diggin the terrain down there.

Quote:
I thought it was a comp, but I wasn't for sure. It's been awhile since I shot that write up on that comp.
You shot that write up at the comp? You mean you took pictures or video? I have yet to see video from the Carnage on the 'Con event. I saw so many pictures which showed a lot of video cameras out that day, but I never got to see a video. :-( That's ok though because I was told I went super slow through the box. I would probably have to watch it in fast forward. haha

-Sam
Old 08-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

I would really like a set (4) of the Fat-Rock Axle C's, but I keep getting a 404 error when I go to put them in the cart.

Help please.

Thanks,

SG
sg219 is offline   Reply With Quote