Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Goodbye Bronco, HELLO JEEP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
Im Brandon

Default Goodbye Bronco, HELLO JEEP!

Well I have this problem with not being able to hold onto a truck for very long. I dont know if its the fact that I enjoy building them so much, or if I just get bored of the same truck after a while. But the bronco is going to be leaving. And I just completed my new SW2 Jeep Rubicon!

The old bronco is here: Scale Bronco/Comp Crawler

Check it out.

Nothing special for the specs, same old stuff...
Attached Images

Last edited by Brandon; 11-02-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Just Asking

Looked at ur E-bay item really want to get a real crawler all i have is a Nylint right now and feeling the hurt for a real crawler what would it cost to to make it a RTR? like a reciever and a TQ3 radio? on ebay total shiped to 42025 KY? really interested probly gointo bid tonight!

Last edited by Nylintjunkie; 04-30-2006 at 06:52 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
Im Brandon

Thanks, guess I shouldnt have posted the ebay link, this wasnt meant to be a FS thread. So please PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

That looks great!!, Im "NluvwithIT" Did you paint the body?
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred
That looks great!!, Im "NluvwithIT" Did you paint the body?
LMAO Thanks man! Yup I painted it, I have been getting a lot of practice painting bodies for my LHS so im starting to get better
Old 04-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

nice lookin truck didnt get to talk to you much today. had to leave cause my grama is weird, nice lookin truck tho. howd it do? well hope to see yah again when i have my clod done.

peace, Big John
IronOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronOx
nice lookin truck didnt get to talk to you much today. had to leave cause my grama is weird, nice lookin truck tho. howd it do? well hope to see yah again when i have my clod done.

peace, Big John
Thanks John, it did well for its initial run. Cant wait to start tweakin it to push its limits, it already outdid the bronco in some areas, even in areas where the shorter wheelbase would have had the advantage. I love it! Sorry you had to leave so soon, I tried to get there as quick as I could but it was still later than I wanted. Hopefully by the time you have the clod done the course will be rebuilt and there will be a few more clods!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

hopefully, today i ordered some upper 4 link mounts from rc4wd and marvin ordered some imex tires i hear and some hpi spike rims for me. so hopefully i get my stuff soon. still need to figure a way for shock mounts and what not. tommarow ima pick up some metals and stuff for links and what not. can you make it to monster round 3 on weds? ill be there pickin up motors and stuff. nice truck again.

peace, Big John
IronOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

you have no fu cking idea how this truck looks in real life no that it has scratches he wont babu them all day be like john all or nothing damn kid lmao j/k but yeah this body looks way better in real life and im looking for a tlt crawler want to build me one lmao see you some time soon
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:16 AM   #10

Sweet looking body! Out of curiosity, what is the wheelbase of that?
jderreks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #11
Sinking with the ship

Body looks great, you sure can paint Im sad to see that the Bronco is no more BUT the Jeep does look great!

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Great paint job nluv, I wish I could paint 1/2 as good as you. Gotta love the sw-2, that chassis rocks. What are you planning to do with the other 5 you have?
Am I going to get to run next to this awesome jeep this weekend at folsom?
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I like how well the body matches the rims.
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

ygpm
hansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #15
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlsalot
I like how well the body matches the rims.
Thanks! I love the way the wheels look but I already rounded one of the hexes :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
Great paint job nluv, I wish I could paint 1/2 as good as you. Gotta love the sw-2, that chassis rocks. What are you planning to do with the other 5 you have?
Am I going to get to run next to this awesome jeep this weekend at folsom?
I wish I still had the other 5, I usually sell the other trucks after I build a new one, its hard to keep them all as much as I want to when one of these damn trucks will pay for all my books for a semester lol

As far as Folsom goes, I have no plans this weekend, but I dont want to go alone, trying to get my bro to go, or one of my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badjeepbruiser
Body looks great, you sure can paint Im sad to see that the Bronco is no more BUT the Jeep does look great!

Mike
Thanks Mike! Yup I will miss the bronco too, it was a blast to wheel because of its short wheelbase and wide body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jderreks
Sweet looking body! Out of curiosity, what is the wheelbase of that?
When I was building it I was trying to get 12.5", and once I finished I never measured it again so it should be withing an 1/8" of that.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
Im Brandon

Ben I just realized when you mentioned the other 5 you meant the chassis im guessing? Those are going to my LHS they are going to be carrying benders chassis And for their shop crawlers. I built this truck overnight to influence them to get going on theirs!!! I will get some pics up of the indoor rock pile that I brough in there too.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

brandon you said you are trying to get um someone to go with you to folsom com on i want to see what these red rocks can do

and for the bronco i dont think im going to get that instead im looking at your chassie you are selling also looks good
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #18
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc
brandon you said you are trying to get um someone to go with you to folsom com on i want to see what these red rocks can do

and for the bronco i dont think im going to get that instead im looking at your chassie you are selling also looks good
I think Marvin is going to go up there with me one day, I have jus been waiting on his response and as of right now it sounds like he is going for sure.

About the chassis, I think there are only 1 or 2 left that arent called for lol. They went fast!!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

How did you mount the batteries? Doing a SW2 buildup now, I was thinking of going with 2/3 cells, any good suggestions?
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #20
Im Brandon

Ya man, use velcro over the servo, im using some heavy duty industrial strength velcro and it keeps the battery there no matter how hard the spill. Although my current pack is a hump pack 7 cell, im afraid it raises the cog more than a flat 6 cell pack. both will mount up though. In this pic you can see the flat stick pack (2/3A cells)
Attached Images