Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT: Shibee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

yea thats the chassis I jus got in the mail today haha! Ima build her and test it out today with the BL system!
RockRevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2006, 04:50 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Ok RockRevolver. Here is some input from the DICK...Everytime you think you have a good Idea do just the oppsite.
Quote:
I put shocks in the back for sability
Need shocks in the front aswell.
Quote:
I was going for a tortion rig but then decided that shocks in the back would be able to hold up the weight of the batt pack.
Tosrion rigs don't run shocks and don't need shocks to hold the battery up. Also the battery needs to be placed on the front somewhere for weight.
Quote:
I kept the shocks off in the front to allow for better articulation and play to crawl over the rocks!
Once again YOU NEED SHOCKS ON THE FRONT.
Quote:
I found that keeping one link on the bottom of the axel helps alot in eleaviating front and back twist.
You need 4 links. 2 on bottom that go stiaght to the axle near the wheels. Then you need 2 more links that go from the chassis to the center of your axle. This well clear up any issues you could have.

Quote:
O and Im working on a 3rd channel for the front axel to raise and lower it but most of all to limit the play
Do one thing at a time. Your getting way ahead of your self.

You need to either lower your tranny or cut about 1in off the bottom of the chassis and move your links up. You driveline angle is retarded.
Quote:
Let me know what ya think!!
-RR
Well there is what I think. Thats is the nicest way I can say it. You just need to read and do more searching. It would save you hours/Years of time. If you don't read and do some research. About the time you figure all the stuff out on your own at the rate your moving. We will all be dead and rccrawler.com will be no more. Oh and you haven't seen UDM (Ultra Dick Mode)

One more thing . If I where you I would read all the Sticky's at the top of the TLT Page. I mean read it all. There is links that say how to do a basic 4 link. Once you read that and get the basic part of it done. Then post up some I need some help post. To me it looks like you played for about 10mins with it and started post questions without searching. But i could be wrong. By the way If something doen't make sense in what I wrote. I have been up for over 30 hrs straight.

There that is more advise in one post then all 3 of these pages. I didn't really go over everything really deep detail but you need to search more.

Enjoy

Last edited by run2jeepn; 10-15-2006 at 05:19 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:28 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH
I agree. Thank you.

No problem. I think it's sometimes better to build a rig up the way you're doing yours. First, you learn a lot by experiementing and seeing first hand what works and what doesn't. Second, you won't end up dumping a whole load of cash at once. I believe you'll find that the key element is center of gravity (CG). I have found that having a low CG is much more valuable than huge amounts of suspension articulation. A good example would be S-Dog's (aka Scott's) build. It's simple, inexpensive to build and has a really low CG. It works very well in our neck of the woods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRevolver
yea thats the chassis I jus got in the mail today haha! Ima build her and test it out today with the BL system!
This is the Chassis you got in the mail today?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

yup thats the one
Old 10-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Where did you order it from?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

that ****s custom biatch

I didnt pay anything for it, it was handed down to me and I plan to use it ina comp on the 28th. Ill let ya know how my research on torsion rigs goes from there
Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Ya really Custom. Sweet Chassis Design.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Ok update. This turned into a torsion stick with a 2 post body setup. Im running masher 2000s and now a 55t Lather on a DuraTrax esc. Ill get more pics tommaro and hopefully some vids. tonight Im locking the diffs with some special formula
photo op!

Gorilla Glue... its a way of life!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:57 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

yeah Gorilla glue is great. But you can also jam a spider gear in between the other two, it works just as good. But is reversible!
Rc EnthuSiasTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:59 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

yea but I gota comp sat so I need to get this thing ready and good to go
Old 10-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

updated pics.... jus need to make those x links outa the all thread and Im all set ;D

K Ima drop the servo saver, the pinion of the stock TLT one so Ima change that, change up the electronics to stock crap (Traxxas transmitter and reciever), as for the body I got a Hummer militia fullsize body, as for the tires the LHS didnt have Masher 2000s so (in a rush for the comp) I baught some Moabs they are the same size when you include the side wall tread on the moabs. Not to mention that combo works really well. Having the dig upfront and have'n the soft V tread in the back works great! It doesnt want to flip over as much on steep climbs (adding weights in the tires will help this also).
I also noticed that in the steering setup where the link off the servo to the right knuckle had this shaft going down to the steering kuckle and it flexed alot cause'n my steering to weaken up and have alota play. So I took it out and drove a screw in it and got rid of the slack as seen here on the left...

Like previously stated the Magnum has way to much **** to dial in so to get started Ima k.i.s.s. and instal the stock Traxxas transmitter and recever... off my T-Maxx that way I can install some over head lights

I still need to make the x links outa all thread, thats tommaro and then I should have some vid of her in action!

Im open to any and all comments
-Keith
Old 12-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

cough

hellz yea NERCC First Annual Comp! :-P
Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH
I agree. Thank you.

No problem. I think it's sometimes better to build a rig up the way you're doing yours. First, you learn a lot by experiementing and seeing first hand what works and what doesn't. Second, you won't end up dumping a whole load of cash at once. I believe you'll find that the key element is center of gravity (CG). I have found that having a low CG is much more valuable than huge amounts of suspension articulation. A good example would be S-Dog's (aka Scott's) build. It's simple, inexpensive to build and has a really low CG. It works very well in our neck of the woods.
You do know Scott did not design that right?

RR nice finish at the comp.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Good job on the crawler and 2nd place.

Is that ESC the Duratraxx Autosport forward/reverse?
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

yea man thats thats the esc... dont buy it it blows it randomly cuts out in pinches and you have to wait to for it to like reboot, its a pain in the ***