Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: No Name comp buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Talking

Sounds good!!!
I cant wait
Shane
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Looks sweet Dave. As always, your fab work is top notch. I look forward to seeing it in action.

By the way, is that the Trimble Road spot under the bridge?

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Ok, I just saw this one today in person. Sooooo much better than the pics show. Dave did an outstanding job on the lines of this rig. It has a very scale like feel/look to it. I can't wait until we get to wheel together on a rock buggy trail ride.

-Sam
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Sam, it means a lot coming from someone of your crawling background. I took the rear shocks apart to change the oil and rembered that when I assembled them I took a piston with 3 small holes and drilled them out a bit bigger to make a soft shock, so I installed a piston with 2 small holes installed the 80wt oil and it made it much better. Only down side is the ride height is a bit high so I'll install some internal limiters to helpout. Then I'll fix the front shocks.

Last edited by rckjeep; 07-26-2009 at 11:13 PM.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #65

That looks awesome. Do you have any tips for someone who is just getting started to welding
FreakyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Made a battery tray and welded it in to the frame, also closed off the front, under the stinger, revalved the shocks, limited the front suspensions down travel to keep the front end down on ascents, shortened the rear upper links but changing the mount & links and made a cool little roll cage for the servo. I'd have some pics but I can't find my camera. :?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:01 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Made a battery tray and welded it in to the frame, also closed off the front, under the stinger, revalved the shocks, limited the front suspensions down travel to keep the front end down on ascents, shortened the rear upper links but changing the mount & links and made a cool little roll cage for the servo. I'd have some pics but I can't find my camera. :?
dude i cant wait to meet you man sam says this thing is bad azz and will i want to see it for myself
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:18 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

here's some more recent pics with the servo cage and the correct battery
at a spot I hope to hold a comp some day. These pics are kinda old but it hasn't changed too much since then. Brandon painted me some new panels that look freakin awesome but I"m going to strip the chassis, paint it clean the axles and everything else before installing them so I can send off pics to some mags to try and get it published

Old 08-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #69
RCC Addict

sweet rig! I really like that servo cage... it's "different"
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Ok finally I get some decent pics of this thing in it's completed form. These were taken on the trail leading to the Mini hammers spot. There's a small cliff that has denied me (and I believe everyone else) for years. And with this buggy I finally made it up and over it. Here's the climb, it's up hill and almost vertical.

here's some other shots

this one really shows the paint job Brandon did

this shows it's vertical ability
Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

recent changes have been some Losi Rock Claws and more recently are some Axial Rockstar beadlocks in black with grey rings. The really make it look sinister.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

that is such a good lookin tuber, lets see some current pics.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 PM   #73
RCC Addict

hers a few from our Folsom comp
Attached Images

drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #74
RCC Addict

this will always be one of my favorite tubers...
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
this will always be one of my favorite tubers...

If you think it looks great in photos, you NEED to see it in person. It also drives really well. Exactly what tubers needs to be. Fairly capable and great looking.

Great job Dave.
-Sam
Old 12-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

here's one from the other day, its the most recent.

Thanks Sam, your buggy "Tiny" is freakin awesome, works extremely well too. I think my buggy would be far more capable in the hands of a better driver. But it's not for sale so don't ask

Last edited by rckjeep; 12-26-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
But it's not for sale so don't ask

Well you could give it to me. I really won't mind. It will go nicely with my collection

I can swing by and pick it up tomorrow.

-Sam
Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Well Mugsy took some abuse yesterday at the Folsom Comp. I started out with a slight issue of my steering being reversed. I went to steer left a bit and it went right and took a hard fall into a hole I couldn't drive out off. The jolt caused a broken long side inner axle shaft to break as well as my ESC to act up. I fixed the axle with a spare from Chino(thanks again) and went to finsih course 1, timing/pointing out after completeing 2 gates. Not my best work. Course 2 was more of the same. There was a nice shelf to climb then a right turn up a ledge. I made it up that ok. Next was a short descent that only 1 driver made without rolling. In the role my rear upper link mount told me to "F" off and I was off to repair again. This time I got a link plate from Dustin(not sure of RCC handle) installed that and reprogrammed my ESC. Back to the second course which I scored a respectable 17. Not bad. Course 3 was narely, lots of short descents & climbs with some notches thrown in. I thought I was going to do well here which I did until I just spent two much time on the 3rd gate and timed out. Not a great day of competition for the little buggy that could(sort of). I'll be making some changes to the little guy in hopes of better comp results.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #79

I really like the chassis design, looks solid. And the servo guard is awsome, Never seen that before. good work.
saltysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

While performing my post comp maintenence I noticed after all the carnage I cut a tire. Son of a Bleep" Also I added a windsheild to help in the waterproof department. Not thats it's waterproof, but you know. Only downside is I just remembered I pull the battery out thru there, Doh!

Thanks, Saltysam. It's pretty stout, I wouldn't try driving a truck over it but it's strong

Last edited by rckjeep; 12-30-2007 at 11:38 PM.