Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my first rock crawler ever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #1

Default my first rock crawler ever

ok here is my ride it is a tlt mostley stock exept for the electronics and the allthread to expand wheel base. im not doen yeat but it crawls real well and it even has stock whees! ima get new 1 so it will sit higher. emIL ME FOR INFO OR QUESTIONS i think it looks bad a$$ so far

before^

as u can c it still needs wrk i have to bring the weel base ina little and put some moab tires on it i no it might not look that good but hay im only 14

email for questions.what do u guys think its wrth? e-mail me cause i wanna sell so i can start a clod crawler
rocksmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice job but ya the wheelbase is a little long for those tires. moabs would look good
snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook
Nice job but ya the wheelbase is a little long for those tires. moabs would look good
thanx i think i just need to screw the ends on a little titer there not in that far and it should fit good. i also painted the bodey my self
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #4

Default srry for misspells

srry its 1 of those cant type days
Old 10-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksmasher
im not doen yeat but it crawls real well and it even has stock whees! ima get new 1 so it will sit higher. emIL ME FOR INFO OR QUESTIONS i think it looks bad a$$ so far.
Hey dude ssssssslow down when you type.I know you're excited but the missing letters make my stomach hurt.I would junk the stock TLT tires ASAP,seriously.Besides that looks like you're off to a good start.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

IS your wheelbase longer then 12.5ins or so? If so I would shorten the front links a little and get some Moabs or Maxhers. Then your set.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
IS your wheelbase longer then 12.5ins or so? If so I would shorten the front links a little and get some Moabs or Maxhers. Then your set.
no there about 9inches im not sure how to mesuare weel base like i said first time. but yeah im gunna cut off the links a little to make sure the tires fit but so far i think it wrks great ill post pic with thw moabs soon as i get em
Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #8

ive aslo herd of people cutting the chasis at the bottom of the trany box area its hard to explain but would that wrk out good and also i have currently 4 way steering is that useful in rock crawling or would it screw me up?