Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Finally, I get some money to get the chassis' rolling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 06:09 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

PWT, has my payment shown up at your house yet. Should be in this week if not. Hopefully the postman dont feel the need to play. lol

Chris
jakhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

TLT kid, you must have sent the PM right after the change over. I didn't have time to turn my PM's on. Send me another, but if you are in need of a chassis, there will be extras that I am ordering anyhow.

Jakhammer, haven't seen your "payments" yet, but I imagine when they do show up, I won't be able to just skip over it.

The machine shop order is going out on tuesday. Just transfering the paypal funds and some of my own into my "business account" lol.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:35 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

PWT - I sent you a PM ... Please get back to me and let me know...

Thanks...

Paul G(86ss1)
86ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Ok, so long as I get my paypal funds transfered in today (tuesday) the order to the machine shop will officially go out. Then its t-minus about a month before you all get your chassis'

In the meanwhile, I want to track down all part numbers needed for the pede tranny, and if it costs alot, maybe contact traxxas about getting a large number of built to order pede trannies.

Also, the word is, the emaxx tranny will fit into the chassis, but thats not a direct bolt in, so no guarantees on that one. Maybe ronbeck can throw a picture up of how tight of a fit it is.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Ok, so long as I get my paypal funds transfered in today (tuesday) the order to the machine shop will officially go out. Then its t-minus about a month before you all get your chassis'

In the meanwhile, I want to track down all part numbers needed for the pede tranny, and if it costs alot, maybe contact traxxas about getting a large number of built to order pede trannies.

Also, the word is, the emaxx tranny will fit into the chassis, but thats not a direct bolt in, so no guarantees on that one. Maybe ronbeck can throw a picture up of how tight of a fit it is.
http://img193.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...sc100921qb.jpg
http://img193.exs.cx/img193/4629/tsc100933ji.jpg
http://img193.exs.cx/img193/9168/tsc100954hj.jpg

to get the tranny to work you will have to have your top links angle at the axle and not at the chassis like the stock tlt. i think some L-stock and some, light dremel work and you'd have it in. it sits much lower then the pede tranny.

;)
sorry boiler

Last edited by Plays_with_Toys; 01-25-2005 at 01:20 AM.
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Man, you guys are killing me!

The E-Maxx chassis will work with a custom bracket to mount it.

I have a "top secret" project truck planned for this chassis based on an E-Maxx tranny. The cats out of the bag that the E-Maxx tranny fits, so I will post my planned build up:

TSC-10 chassis

E-Maxx tranny built up with UE, RRP, Kipster, and Traxxas upgraded internals and GMAxx motor mount

Kyosho TF axles with RC Alloys lockers and soon to be released 4-link mounts

REVO driveshafts

Either AE, BB, or Savage shocks. I'm leaning towards Savage shocks due to required length, but I don't know if I'll find springs that are soft enough.

Jumbo Kongs on narrowed wheels or LSTs on Maximizer beadlocks

Either a T600 or 55T motor on dual packs

Hmmm...

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, custom high clearance links to stretch the WB to work with the REVO shafts. Not sure what that final distance will be since I don't have the chassis and tranny yet!

Last edited by BoilermakerFan; 01-25-2005 at 09:48 PM.
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:38 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Ahem.... the cat wasn't out of the bag, but you sure let it out. No one with a truck other than the TLT has ordered that I know of.... Edit that post and keep it secret a while longer...
Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Ahem.... the cat wasn't out of the bag, but you sure let it out. No one with a truck other than the TLT has ordered that I know of.... Edit that post and keep it secret a while longer...
You should edit it Mr. Moderator. :P

I have an odd feeling he wanted to let the cat out of the bag, I reckon the secret was eating him from the inside.

Sounds sweet though Brian, I didn't know specifics about your build but I guess I do now.
HO502cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:58 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

It's all good, I let you and Peter know last week that I needed to post the project before anybody else posted the idea. I really don't think it's exclusively my idea anyway, you and Peter have shared a ton of feedback and pics. I plan to build it because I think it will be cool as hell. I wanted to post it to encourage others to think about your chassis as a basis for a truely competition level truck. I plan to start a project thread in the GC section and direct them to you if they managed to miss the other thread in the GC forum.

Besides, we're all still waiting on our chassis. Peter did send the prototype back, right?

I'll be ordering the parts late this week for the tranny and TF axles will be next week. I have the AE shocks already. I'll probably be waiting on RC Alloys to get the 4-link mount released. It will be mocked up with carbon arrow shafts for the links until I have the high clearance link design finalized and milled. Still lining up a couple of small finish details as well.

Last edited by BoilermakerFan; 01-25-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO502cid
You should edit it Mr. Moderator. :P

I have an odd feeling he wanted to let the cat out of the bag, I reckon the secret was eating him from the inside.

Sounds sweet though Brian, I didn't know specifics about your build but I guess I do now.
Oh, just a little! That and I just like posting with my green star!

The specifics weren't finallized until RC Alloys posted his test mule with the 4-link adapter and said that he would make it a production part. I may still waffle back to the X-Factor axles, but I like the look of the TF/MF axles.

There are still a couple of small details I'm posting until I get the truck built and finished.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:47 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Yeah... I bought some wheels/tires for my venom mini, that I have never seen on any mini anywhere, and they look SWEET! I want to post pics, but I don't want anyone to get the idea...

Paypal still has to transfer some funds to my debit card, the second that happens, the order gets sent off.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 AM   #32

Can I get a pee pee yellow star, or perhaps a doo doo brown star? Brian has me utterly jealous with that wicked green one.

BTW, never tell a secret to Peter, he likes talking more then the women on "The View".
Old 01-26-2005, 06:51 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO502cid

BTW, never tell a secret to Peter, he likes talking more then the women on "The View".
Now you tell me!

Become a Supporter and you'll get a green star too! ;)
Old 01-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan
Now you tell me!

Become a Supporter and you'll get a green star too! ;)
This Friday, pay day.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Ok guys, in keeping with the new vendor rules of RCC, I will no longe be posting TSC-10 related info in my posts. I will create a post in the vendor's market forum for TSC-10 related subjects. I also will be changing my signature with updates, and it will contain the link to the vendor thread. That will be later tonight after the machine shop order goes out. Checking, double checking, triple checking making sure I don't screw something up.