Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: cant decide...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default cant decide...

well, i cant decide between a pajero and a tlt. i want to build a scale mud bogger mostly, but i still want it to be able to do some scale crawling. the most important thing is for it to be scale though. so which would make a better suit its purpose and why?
jordanator62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

well the TLT will work much better as a crawler, but it takes some mods to make it scale, the pajero is scale right off the bat but is severly limmited by its IFS, mabye someone else here can help you out
pinkfloydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I think that your best bet would be a tlt i now have a tlt and a pajero and in my opinion the tlt does everything better except for scaleness but if you work at it it will do every thing you want and still be scale
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It really depends how much you want to spend. my assumption is the TLT could be made into a better mud bogger that you could take to the rocks; however, its going to take more work and probably more money. The TLT has some really stout axles, and with some good tires, you can get some nice ground clearance as well.

The pajero can fit some 2.2" tires, but the IFS will really limit your travel and crawlability. Now having said that, you can also do plenty of scale fourwheeling with one, and because of the tub everything sits in, waterproofing might prove easier in the tamiya.

The bottom line, out of the box, Pajero is the better bogger, if you have some ingenuity and want to work a little, go with the TLT and I think you will have a truck with alot more options down the road if you change your mind.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

well i think ive made my decision. i think i will go with a pajero, because i really want it to be super scale, and i think the pajero has the upper hand in that.

both the tlt and pajero need about the same amount of work it seems to either crawl or bog. so thanks for the help.

syco-YGPM

thanks
jordan
jordanator62 is offline   Reply With Quote