Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Custom Billet TLT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Man that motor mount is sweet....
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

You custom made those rims? I think not. I have the exact same ones and they are RC4WD First ones that they made. I think you misspelled Rims and must have meant Rings, Right
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

who cares, this thing is MONEY. awesome craftsmanship and an overall great rig. I especially like the "custom tranny" and also the wheel/tire combination (the swampers and rims make the rig look very scale). GREAT JOB!!!
srfrkyle1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:10 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulaVW69
You custom made those rims? I think not. I have the exact same ones and they are RC4WD First ones that they made. I think you misspelled Rims and must have meant Rings, Right
SORRY :-( But I DID indeed make the rims.
They are very similar to rc4wd rims mainly because they are modular. I don’t own a set of his rims, so I don’t know how close my sizes are to his. Actually I used to supply rc4wd w/ my parts but not as of lately. Here is another set I made for my tube crawler. If you look closely mine have a deeper inner radius, w/ zero backspacing, plus the area around the mounting nut has different diameters....

juggsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:35 AM   #25
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
I think so Brrreeehhhhh , Kevin is a tap and die tool maker for 25 years and I sent him pictures of my beadlock wheels and he made them on an old school lathe converted to CNC at his place Why dont you take a look around at his stuff and half the custom shiat on my trucks and youll see this guy has serious fabrication skillz and 9.99 times out of 10 he can make stuff just by looking at pictures....he has been around this site ALOT longer then it says reading up and all the great info and can pretty much making ANYTHING He is also the one that made the original "Juggsterr" Bruiser wheels too, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day, so he is no newbie to making wheels and if you look close, you can see how the center of the rim is drilled differently and much nicer then rc4wd and notice how the wheels are deburred and stuff...

some fawkin people... Im telling ya
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Actually here are my cad drawlings..

Old 12-09-2006, 06:54 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Obviously you DO NOT KNOW "Juggsterr" ...

Kevin also DESIGNED & BUILT the "1st TRUE" TXT!!! ...
WAY BEFORE Tamiya even made their prototype!!!!

Sorry for the poor camera pics... BUT you get the gist...

Bryan/RCholic

Last edited by RCholic; 12-09-2006 at 07:36 AM.
RCholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

wow thats quite something,it looks just like a txt..
xxkalladorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:55 AM   #29
RCC Addict

i have seen this thing, and his tuber. trust me guys, you dont own anything like it unless he built it for you(mike). everything on his trucks is clean and well built. very impressive trucks.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Hi juggster, you haven't answered my question on post #4 about the tranny, do you ahve any pics or specs, i'am very interested.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #31
2006 2.2 National Champ

Sweet chassis, I like the minimalist design.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Default My apology goes to juggsterr

Sorry about that, your the second one or first of two or more that had their design stolen by a certain Company then. like i said Sorry about jumping on your sheet.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Sorry about that, your the second one or first of two or more that had their design stolen by a certain Company then. like i said Sorry about jumping on your sheet.
NP GulaVW69 I don't post a whole lot and if you don't know about me then that mistake can be made I just enjoy building and designing. I go back about 10-12 years building custom Ch!t for folks. Every now and then I post something I built for myself. Its ALL fun ....enjoy life and crawlin...later....
Old 12-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

What a dick! Who does he think he is the rccrawler patent Police?

Nice looking rig Juggster! Just like all the rest that you have done!
hlpressley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn
Hi juggster, you haven't answered my question on post #4 about the tranny, do you ahve any pics or specs, i'am very interested.
DITTO i wanna know about that tranny perhaps some more pics? and that whole truck is gorgeous!!!
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn
SORRY :-( But I don't have a whole lot of photos on the tranny. When I started the build, I was putting one of my other trannys in it. But it wasn't working out. So I sat down and started drawing and this is what I came up w/. I didn't know if it would even work So I built it and installed it and it did pretty well for what I use my crawler for So I have yet to take it out and install bearings in it. YES it appears to be top heavy, but like I said It's not for comps, just playin around on the rocks and its something I built, so I guess thats good enough for me As far as the gear ratio, I haven't even figured it out. I just used the gears I had on hand, but if you ask me its pretty low, it just creeps along

Old 12-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

Talking

WOW! That things look BEEFY! If it performs anything near the one you built for me it is PERFECT. Awesome custom tranny for an awesome custom rig! GREAT JOB!
Hansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Great Job

Sick!!
andres-tavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Your rig is off the hook! Your machine work is awsome. I think you need to put a little more rock rash on her though. Adds character,right .

Are the gears in the tranny from stock drive products? I am working on a tranny design to help my max rig climb better. I was wandering how aluminum to aluminum would wear.

I can't wait to see your next creation.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

thanks juggsterr, you are an artist, that whole rig is a work of art
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote