Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: need help with misc stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #1

Default need help with misc stuff

First off how do u water proof things like tranny. motor, reciever, ect
i would like to water proof my tlt project do you use a make ur own gasket
kit?

secondly were do u get this body's that are so detailed all i find are the 1's at my LHS thnx.
rocksmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default check it, I searched water proofing.

water proofing?
The Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysdad
yep
I hope you realize that all of these worthless posts will be deleted.
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #4

Default also

servos i herd that they are allready mostly water prove. true? baloons around reciever and esc it wont get hot and melt it? also problem with suspension when the wheel rises it goes out diagnolly like this

before in regular possition

c it goes up diagnolly any sugjestions any ideas y or do most crawlers do this?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #5

what kind of remote do you use ? wont the water stop the link between the resiver and the radio control.
avroarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
I lost my vendor privileges

not as long as the antenna is out of water. need to work on that angle on the axle. turning will not be so good.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

The reason your axle moves the way it does is due to the fact that your links are on such a steep angle. They need to be alot flater in relation to the ground. Your axle moves in an arc in a fourlink setup, so keep this in mind when you rework them, and try to invision where the axle will travel, and what angle your links will be at when it gets there. As mentioned before, your pinion angle is very steep as well, this isn't a problem that will effect the travel of the axle, rather it will make it very hard to steer your rig. This is because of the angle it causes your steering knuckles to operate at. The knuckles need to move in a plane very close to 90 degrees to the floor, this means (in the simplest terms) that the kingpins (the screws that hold the knuckle on) should be vertical in realtion to the floor, not tilted forward or back. Otherwise you will wind up lifting the entire axle as you turn, and that will make your steering very very heavy.
All Out Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

As far as bodies go, you'll have to scrounge up detail parts. Have a look on ebay or the vendors forum here for racks, jacks and other little parts. GIJoes, Nylints and other hard bodied vehicles have alot of decent parts, and the rest just comes down to time and effort.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I just ran junk XTM servos when under water, and they have held up so far.
motiracer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Out Racing
The reason your axle moves the way it does is due to the fact that your links are on such a steep angle. They need to be alot flater in relation to the ground. Your axle moves in an arc in a fourlink setup, so keep this in mind when you rework them, and try to invision where the axle will travel, and what angle your links will be at when it gets there. As mentioned before, your pinion angle is very steep as well, this isn't a problem that will effect the travel of the axle, rather it will make it very hard to steer your rig. This is because of the angle it causes your steering knuckles to operate at. The knuckles need to move in a plane very close to 90 degrees to the floor, this means (in the simplest terms) that the kingpins (the screws that hold the knuckle on) should be vertical in realtion to the floor, not tilted forward or back. Otherwise you will wind up lifting the entire axle as you turn, and that will make your steering very very heavy.

k very very vivid detail thats exactly what i needed to get this figured out but would it not effect the drive shafts i only made it like that so the drive shaft can reach the transmission
Old 12-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

It will effect the driveshafts, but they can run at steep angles. It is best to keep them relatively flat too, and lowering your transmission might be your best bet there, or add a transfer case to lower the trans output. It's not an easy task keeping everything aligned properly to operate at the maximum. Don't feel bad that you may be having to revise your strategy, everyone here that has built a rig has run into some problems, they just pushed through and figured them out. If you want to know what works, look at the rigs some of the vets have built, if you want to know why they work, use the search button. If you want to figure it out for yourself like they may have, be prepared to spend alot of time and waste alot of money. Just keep plugging and searching, you'll get it...
Old 12-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #12
RCC Addict

yeah, that suspension setup will get you no where. It looks as if your shocks are about 2"-2.5" too long. What chassis is that? what size shocks are recc. for it? The link length may be off too- but I can assure you that the chassis calls for shorter shocks.

matt
cincy
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote