Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Dimensions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dimensions

I was wondering if anyone had dimensions (length and width) of their tube chassis. i dont need much detail, just length and width.

thanks.
Carson Wyckoff

Also-what size tube did you use.

Thanks Again
CarsonWyckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

this would be for ,what kind of axles? but as far as tube most use 3/16" or 1/4" depending on size.
traylor4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

My tuber chassis is 10" long by 4" at it's widest point. Hope that helps. I used 3/16" brakeline.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylor4x4
this would be for ,what kind of axles? but as far as tube most use 3/16" or 1/4" depending on size.
Unless this was misposted I'd have to assume TLT since it's in this section. Wouldn't be absolute though.

If you go through and look at all the TLT tubers you'll notice there are different ways to go about it. Some have tube all the way past the axles while arthers are barely large enough for tranny and link mounts. Widths vary as well. But as long as people are posting lengths, a pic would help with getting a feel for how it is built.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up

i would also like to see picts. i dont really in mind. i was eyeing this one when it was posted in the f/s section. but it went in 5 minuits

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52724

anything would help.
Thanks
CarsonWyckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Most tubers will fall into the 10-14 inch long range, and between 3-6 inches wide. Like previously stated though, it will vary alot depending on what you put on your rig, battery placement, shock positions and if you want it to resemble a 1:1 rig or not. I base most of mine on full size rigs, and try to keep the tires proportional with the body. So decide what hardware you're going to run, what tires and how much flex you need, then build a box to accomodate the trans and radio gear and hang your fenders and tail end off that. Works pretty well for me, just remember to plan it out long before you start cutting tube, or you'll be pissed off, broke and still won't have a tuber.
All Out Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

If you need to see pics, just search "tuber" and use the tires as a size reference point. There is a list of all the tires and sizes also if you search for it, I think it's even stickied on the tires section...
All Out Racing is offline   Reply With Quote