Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Pics of my new 2.2 rig... almost done.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #41
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrizzle
I am pretty sure those broncos had the wipers from the top, it is kinda funny to put the mechanics of a wiper up there though. It seems like you would hear the motor all the time, unless it is all linkage. heres a pic form mudfest
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/bronco69/h7.jpg

-a
your right my bad. i just took a look at mine too, i guess i just never noticed it.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

I just rebuilt mine. It's working better than ever.
I've tried alot of different set ups with this chassis, let me know if you need any help.
Attached Images

Last edited by Reef; 01-10-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I really like the paint on your rig and the wheels just make it look even more sick
JRmudmanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRmudmanXJ
even more sick
that is the look I was going for here.... ty.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

How did you center (side to side) the R2 without the outputs (yoke) hitting the upper link at the chassis.I used a brushed motor and had to mount the tranny off to the left and forward to clear.
srjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjeeper
How did you center (side to side) the R2 without the outputs (yoke) hitting the upper link at the chassis.I used a brushed motor and had to mount the tranny off to the left and forward to clear.
There's no big secret on how to mount a tranny to an XRC. It's only as difficult as you make it with the wide open design. Don't forget that we are not building 1:1 rigs and the tranny has no need at all to be centered on the skid. Check his pic again and notice the placement.

We also will drill the holes for just about any kind of tranny you'd want when you order it including the R2.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies

insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #47
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
There's no big secret on how to mount a tranny to an XRC. It's only as difficult as you make it with the wide open design. Don't forget that we are not building 1:1 rigs and the tranny has no need at all to be centered on the skid. Check his pic again and notice the placement.

We also will drill the holes for just about any kind of tranny you'd want when you order it including the R2.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies

I did request that it be drilled for the R2 but it wasn't.I'm still real happy with the chassis.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

If you mount it in the center of the skid, the drive shaft hits the closest upper link at about 75% articulation to one side.

Basically, you'll have to mount the R2 with one side hanging off (motor side) if you want as much articulation as you can possibly get.
hunter306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #49
RCC Addict

mine does not hit at all... it fully compresses the shocks both front and rear, keep in mind I am running 3.5" shocks in front and 4" in rear.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I ended up chucking the stock skid/tranny mount and mounted the R2 between the frame rails as a structural member. Then I made a new skid that mounted to the bottom of the R2. Unfortunately the R2 is wider than the XRC chassis, so I also replaced the upper chassis braces with wider ones.

Definitely not the easiest way, but I was able to drop the entire tranny/motor assembly down ~.5". This not only lowered the CG, but also lessened the driveline angles a bit. Now it clears everything quite well.
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

looks really nice
jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

where did you get the rims and beadlocks at?
seanhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
I did request that it be drilled for the R2 but it wasn't.I'm still real happy with the chassis.
Hello,

if it was not setup for the R2 could you tell me if it had holes at all. I see that you requested to drill the holes yoursef on our website then wrote an email asking for R2 holes. If you have no holes we must have confused the website order and missed the email. If so I apologize.

Sincerely,
David
Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhawk
where did you get the rims and beadlocks at?
RD400. see first page.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

The holes were drilled for the links but not the tranny.It would be hard for you to know where the tranny will be mounted because,it can be mounted in several different ways. Depending on the use of a shorter brushless motor,or the longer brushed motor.I'm not afraid to drill some holes myself.Everyone as a different setup.I hope mine turns out as good as the bronco.

Last edited by srjeeper; 02-17-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
The holes were drilled for the links but not the tranny.It would be hard for you to know where the tranny will be mounted because,it can be mounted in several different ways. Depending on the use of a shorter brushless motor,or the longer brushed motor.I'm not afraid to drill some holes myself.Everyone as a different setup.I hope mine turns out as good as the bronco.
mine was drilled for the R2 by XRC, plenty of room for any type of motor.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Where did you buy the Erikson beadlocks? Can't find anywhere.
bretkissick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretkissick
Where did you buy the Erikson beadlocks? Can't find anywhere.
If I'm not mistaken Unimoger sells them.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
As you can see we did the holes for Mr. Pink and they will work for either motor with the R2. We've been trying to get the best overall setup for the R2. Now upon R2 tranny request we supply a wider (3" inside the TVPs) skid plate. The standard skid plate is 2-1/2" wide. This allows a very nice fit for the R2 but you may need to do a few modifications to make sure that your links clear the tires with the wider chassis. The weight difference is not enough to worry about and it's low weight at that.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
As you can see we did the holes for Mr. Pink and they will work for either motor with the R2. We've been trying to get the best overall setup for the R2. Now upon R2 tranny request we supply a wider (3" inside the TVPs) skid plate. The standard skid plate is 2-1/2" wide. This allows a very nice fit for the R2 but you may need to do a few modifications to make sure that your links clear the tires with the wider chassis. The weight difference is not enough to worry about and it's low weight at that.
How do I get the wider skid plate?I have 3/4" wheel wideners so clearance shouldn't be a problem,I hope.