Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SW2 Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Ok thanks ill look at that.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I decided to use the tranny from my rustler that i had laying around until i get the pede tranny together. I don't think i have all the parts yet.
Here's a pic of what i got for the pede tranny.

Here's the rustler tranny that i'm going to use.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #23
RCC Addict

It turns out that the two screws and 4 washers that hold the tranny in didn't come with the chassis. I will pick some up at the hardware store tommorow. I will also get aluminum tubing for the links. Does anyone know what size is good for the 105mm links and the stock tamiya tlt ones? Also i have a question for the people who have made a pede tranny. Is this all the parts that i need to make it? I think that im missing a bunch. There are 6 bearings that i have and there is some already installed (look at the second pic). Whatever is shown there is what I got.

Oh and is the person who runs the rcp crawlers website on here? I ordered the SW2 chassis from you and didn't get the two screws and 4 washers that was stated above. Do you think that you could send me some or are you out of stock or something?

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 01-14-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Ok i got the tranny figured out but now i can't get the little black pin into the silver shaft hole. Is there any trick to this? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #25
2006 2.2 National Champ

Hold the shaft in a vice, hold the pin with needle nose pliers. Gently tap it in with a hammer.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Ok ill try that.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Thanks for the tip BENDER. I got the tranny together. I send a message to the guy who owns bby on here and he said that the motor won't be in for 4-6 weeks. I can't stand that long with it just sitting there waiting for the motor. I guess there isn't anything i can do though. Here's some pics of the pede tranny.

Oh and i decided not to lock the tranny because i don't have any jb weld or any other stuff and wanted to get the tranny done tonight.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 01-16-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #28
RCC Addict

I am going to use my rustler 20 turn motor till i get the integy one. If i go fast will this cause any stress to any parts of the drivetrain? And what size aluminum tubing should i use to cover the links? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

This May Be Too Late But Here It Goes Any Ways. You Can Lock Ur Diffs With Hot Glue(like Mentioned Above)and It Works Great All U Have To Do Is Make Sure U Clean The Components Of It First.make Sure That There Is No Grease Or Oil In Them Because This Wont Let The Glue Stick Properly.(and Eventually Come Loose).i Used Acetone To Clean The Parts U Can Also Use Rubbing Alchol.take Everything Apart Clean It Put Some Hot Glue On The Cups And Assemble It Wile The Glue Is Still Melted(this Makes It Easy To Assemble). Hope This Can Help!!!
nitromtcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #30

Default that's nice

Looks good , can't beat the Bender ,Gary
gmc310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Yeah it is too late to use that way. Ill use either jb weld or that way next time though. I know we have some hot glue stuff. Thanks for the compliment gmc310. Oh and i plan on making a video when i'm done.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 01-16-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I am going to get the body and some other stuff on friday so then i can get going again. I'll post pics then.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #33
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
Oh and i decided not to lock the tranny because i don't have any jb weld or any other stuff and wanted to get the tranny done tonight.
But it won't crawl at all. It's a mandatory to do job on the to do list of to do's.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
But it won't crawl at all. It's a mandatory to do job on the to do list of to do's.
Ok i will have time to do it since i won't have the parts for another day. If you think that hot glue will hold up then i could take it apart tonight and hot glue it since i have that. Ill take pics too. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 AM   #35

looks good so far... i hope you get the rest of the stuff ya need here soon so that we can see more pics
rcpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

First of all you made a very good choice by going with the SW2, I personally run the Bender and am in love with it. Second I would call and cancel your order through bby and give ryan a call at tammies. He stocks the axiom line of motors that are far superior to the integy. (also they are only 25$) Rayn is a wealth of information for any other Q's you might have and he has any part ever needed. Third you need to tear your tranny apart and jb weld the diff you will be a fish out of water on the rocks. lookin good, keep it up.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Ok ill see if i can cancel the order. Do you know where they are located? I don't want to have to wait a lot longer. And ill have pics up tommorow night. Sorry this has been a slow build but i live 45 mins away from the hobby store so i can't go every day.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:32 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

I can relate but much worse. I live in west virginia and the closest hobby store is three hours (Sux). Every part for my build with the exception of my SW2 and my RCW4WD super narrow's came from Ryan at tammies. Ryan always has my parts to me in the same week and his crawler tech advise is first class. Tammies carries everything from stampedes to variouse nuts and bolts. Hey it takes a week but you recieve quality parts that work the first time. Hope this helps and you can find tammies under the vendor section.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Ok thanks. I think that im going to just use my rustler 20 turn motor for now untill i get the one from bby racing. I am going to the hobby shop today and getting the jeep body. I have a question though. Do i really need the steel yokes? I know that they are better but how much? I am already in debt with my dad. I can't really afford to spend the extra on the steel until i get more money. How long do the plastic ones last before they break? And any quick responses are great. Thanks and ill have more pics up tonight.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #40
2006 2.2 National Champ

The plastic yokes will work, just be careful in binds. The Stinger motor probably won't have the torque to break them, but a lathe motor will.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote