Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SW2 Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Ok i will see if i can go today.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Here's some pics of the motor.

And does anyone know what wires to use to connect the motor to the esc? Are they the deans ones? Thanks.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 01-30-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog
I stripped a Robinson 12 tooth pinion a couple weeks ago...tightened it up and the end of the pinion expanded out ...threads were still there, but the end of the pinion around the grub screw blew out!

That hobby shop should have any Pede tranny parts you need...call em before you go.
same prob here so when i ordered the replacment i just put it as far up the edge of the shafts as i could so grub screw won't hit the spur gear and it works fine even thought only half of the pinio gear is on the spur gear. i don;t know if this wil cause more problems, but until i find a way to put on the extra spacer on the spur gear shaft and the nut on the spring at the same time this set up will have to do
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #104
RCC Addict

I was thinking about putting a spacer on the motor side of the tranny to space it out but then i found out that i needed a washer in the tranny. That way probably would have worked though.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #105
RCC Addict

I just called the hobby store and said they have 3 packs in stock so im going there today. I also need some info on how the motor connects to the esc. In the pics above i think i need a wire to attach to each side on the motor. What wires are they? Any quick help is great because i want to get them at the hobby store. Once i get these spacers and the wires then the other driveshafts will come tomorrow and i should have all the parts for sure this time. I might see if they have a steel idler gear there too since mine has a little chip in it.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #106
RCC Addict

I got the teflon spacers and the deans wiring and plugs. I also got the aluminum idler gear. The tranny is a lot smoother.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Could someone please post a pic of how their wiring setup is? It would help a bunch because im not very good at wiring and stuff.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 AM   #108
RCC Addict

I should have a roller by tonight.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #109
RCC Addict

And one question on tire weights. For the sticky wheel weights do you just put them on the outside of the rim? Like in beetween the tire and wheel? It seems that it would make the tire hit them when it is absorbing something. I was thinking about putting them on the inside of the wheel but don't want them to show up. Any other suggestions? I thought about bb's but that is my last option. I am wondering because i want to figure out what im going to do before i glue the tires. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:14 PM   #110
RCC Addict

I am still confused as to how these can connect. The ESC uses a different type of connecting as the deans plugs. Do i have to take the rubber thing off of the ESC and put the deans plugs on there? I haven't opened the wiring and plugs yet because I don't want to not be able to return them if they can't work. I am using a mtroniks ESC. Here are the pics:

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Just got the pede driveshafts. Ill start working on some more.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #112
RCC Addict

I got the front end together and have a question. My driveshafts aren't quite long enough. they are but they are wobbly and are only in about 1/2 inch at the max. If i got female shafts on the tranny and axle side and used a male with the yoke part cut off would that make an extended driveshaft? If i get a quick response i will be able to have a roller by tonight assuming i have enough screws. If i don't have enough what are the standard size that you all use? Thanks a lot.

Edit: Here is a little pic i drew up.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 02-01-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #113
RCC Addict

yes yes
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #114
RCC Addict

It will work? Ok thanks a lot. Any idea on what size screws are in the tlt kit? I think im a couple screws short.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

3mm most of em are and get nylon lock nuts too i lerned the hardway
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Ok thanks. Ill try to get the whole truck as a roller by tonight but im just not sure if i have enough screws.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #117
RCC Addict

I have another problem now. The inside of the tires hit the lower links when they turn. If i narrow the wheels would this take care of it? I would rather not narrow them because i dont want to mess up so if there is any other way then i'd rather do that. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #118
RCC Addict

I don't quite have a roller because im not sure what to use to connect part of the driveshafts. I have JB Weld but im not sure how to get it into the shaft and put the male shaft in.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
I don't quite have a roller because im not sure what to use to connect part of the driveshafts. I have JB Weld but im not sure how to get it into the shaft and put the male shaft in.
ok take a saw to the inside bead of them and just take off the outside beed of the rim and sand the exses off
kinda hard to explain

on the shafts a little super glue will hold it in
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #120
RCC Addict

I am almost 90% sure i know how to narrow the wheels but im not sure if im willing to take the risk and if it will solve the problem about the cleareance issue. I have super glue so ill try that, probably tomorrow. I got lots done today, i fixed the suspension problem, got the driveshafts basicly done, and i could have it a roller by tomorrow if i get more screws. I am still unsure on how to mount the battery, ive seen others done but they usually take custom fabbing for a holder. If anyone knows a good way to mont it with little or even better, no modifications then that would be great.

Edit: I got the whole front end done. The driveshafts are done in the front and the rear will be done tomorrow if i get more screws. Then all i will have left is the wiring. I am still unsure how to mount the battery.

Last edited by Norcal crawler; 02-01-2007 at 09:03 PM.