Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SW2 Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #121
RCC Addict

I don't need more screws so ill have a roller today. Anyone know a good way to mount the battery?
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #122
RCC Addict

Ok, I got it a roller. The shocks work a lot better than i thought they would. I am not sure how to mount the battery yet so ill wait on the electronics for now. If anyone knows a good way to mount the battery then could you tell me. The wheelbase it 12.75 inches also. Here is the pictures:

And here is the driveshaft layout that i did. I told someone i would show them. I glued the right part together and left the left side unglued for the slider. I also cut about 1/4 inch off of each female shaft so make sure they would not hit eachother. The male shaft is in the right female end about 3/4 inch and in the left acout 3/4 inch.

Let me know what everyone thinks.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #123
RCC Addict

I got the battery mounted and the esc, i need a balloon for the reciever before i can mount that though. I might be able to wire the motor tomorrow and then have it all done except the body by the end of this weekend.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #124
RCC Addict

Looks like a nice build. Will be expecting pics of it on the rocks by Monday.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #125
RCC Addict

That is up to my dad to help me solder the motor, i will more than likely be able to paint the body this weekend and if you want ill just go set it out there? To show where im going to be crawling or something. I will probably be driving it by then though.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Here it is with the electronics mounted. All but the motor.

I might do some more to the esc and reciever since they aren't fastened all the way down.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #127
2006 2.2 National Champ

I mount my battery with a zip tie or velcro strap around the servo. I use velcro between the battery and the top of the servo too.
Shaggin' Wagon.......Stage 2 Build-up
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Yeah was going to try that way but decided to use the stock tlt battery holder and just have the end of the battery lay on the servo. It stays in there pretty good. And i had all the parts already.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #129

looking good.....i cant wait til i get the money to build my own.....waiting sux.:-(
WhiTe-N-NeRdY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #130
RCC Addict

I have a question. You know the blue and yellow wires that are on the esc, should i get some of those connectors for the motor or just cut off those and use the deans? I don't want to cut them off because i don't want to mess with the esc but im not sure if i will be able to get those type of connectors soon. Here's what i mean:

Im not sure if i should use those or the deans plugs. And does anyone know where i can get those already made?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Use the deans. You already have them. Won't hurt the esc.
jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #132
RCC Addict

Ok, so do i just cutt off the metal parts on the esc right before it is on? I hope i will be ablet to do this today.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #133
RCC Addict

I am going to get the motor done today and hopefully get it out and get a quick vedeo. It will be without the body though. Maybe ill be able to use a different one for now.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
Ok, so do i just cutt off the metal parts on the esc right before it is on? I hope i will be ablet to do this today.

yes cut the bullet connectors off at the end of the motor wires
Old 02-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #135
RCC Addict

I have a problem now. I wired the electronics and the steering works. The motor won't go though, i have used two different motors too. But when i turn the power switch on the truck off, the motor gets slight power, enough to turn the pinion about 1/5 of a turn. I think it is that the esc is not programmed. Do you HAVE to program it or can you program it if you want. I tried and can't get it to work. The directions say to turn everything on and the red and green light will flash for 2 seconds, in that time push and hold the set button. But when i turn the stuff on, no lights flash. I am so confused now. I have tried diff. batteries, switching the plug that goes into the reciever, tried two motors, nothing is getting it to work. The ESC is a M.troniks Viper RV15 and the reciever is a traxxas 3 channel one with the TQ3 controller. Any quick help is great. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #136
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like you have done what I would do. Just keep trouble shooting it until you can tell where the problem is. Is the battery fully charged? etc. If you have any other rc cars, use some of their electronics to to test with. I wish you luck.
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #137
RCC Addict

I used two batteries, not fully charged but enough to move the servo and make the roto start go on my savage. I have also used my rustler motor and nothing is working. I am going to take it to the hobby store tomorrow if i can't figure it out and see if they will wire it for me. Thanks for the help though.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
I used two batteries, not fully charged but enough to move the servo and make the roto start go on my savage. I have also used my rustler motor and nothing is working. I am going to take it to the hobby store tomorrow if i can't figure it out and see if they will wire it for me. Thanks for the help though.
ok seems to me that u didnt programe it unplug the motor from the esc and then turn evrything on and see if it flashes the lights

before that set button set the throttle adjustment to "0"

now plug in the motor and see if it works now
if not try it again

iif still dosent work then take it to a hobby shop but they will charge you:-(
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #139
Quarry Creeper

You also said you have a 3 channel reciever...make sure the esc is plugged into the correct channel as per the instructions.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcustomwurks
You also said you have a 3 channel reciever...make sure the esc is plugged into the correct channel as per the instructions.
ohYEAH

channel 1 servo
channel 2 esc
channel 3 is nothing if ur not running 4ws or a winch
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote