Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: VW tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Don't you know we need updates pretty much daily around here! Come on Nat lets see some more pics!!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

I thought this was a RC Crawler Forum, not a sewing circle! You guys sounds like a bunch of needy old women lol, Anyway here ya go. Ive had to work around the busy Mardi gras schedule so production has slowed... I finally recieved my Fat Rock axle C's, Some how when I first ordered them I only got 2, oh well, now I have 4. Problem solved.
I was having some clearance issues withthe motor and my Right Rear upper link, so I had to cut the mount out and change it around a little. In doing so I lowered both rear uppers a 1/4" and picked up about 15 more degrees of flex out of the rear axle, im sure that will come in handy! I am still going to construct some kind of limiting strap, just because if nothing else...
I called the local powder coating shop today and they are gonna be out of commission for the next 2 weeks... <sigh> I have to go back up to Ohio to re register my truck and get a little r.n.r. gotta keep in touch with the Fam. So while im up there im gonna check into gettin the frame coated and the body painted. I have an airbrush up there and compressor so i figured might as well just wait and paint it there.
My Roommate had ordered some parts from RC4WD and he changed his mind about the red rock rings so i traded the silver ones, I also Ordered a set of punisher shafts from them also, should be here in a few days i hope! Still waitin on my battery packs...

xoxo
Natalie
Attached Images

Last edited by NatalieMorgan; 02-16-2007 at 12:42 AM.
NatalieMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:00 AM   #63
RCC Addict

this is an inspiring build , I like the use of the bug body and that tube chassis is sweet. I 'll be in New Orleans in March for a wedding , how's the crawling there? I might get out for a bit to check it out.

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:31 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger
this is an inspiring build , I like the use of the bug body and that tube chassis is sweet. I 'll be in New Orleans in March for a wedding , how's the crawling there? I might get out for a bit to check it out.

I havent actualu been out crawlin yet. I have been scopin out some good spots though, I fond a place on the south shore of lake ponchatrain that was boulder fill on the back side of the levee, miles and miles of it, It looked very promising. alot of spots along the Miss R, there is alot of diftwood and rock fill that looks to be good to.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Just watch for snakes and gaters! The DUB looks killer Nat! Can't wait to get my class 5 unlimited bug goin, I think you have inspired me to chop the roof off. I also may scrap the HPI body for the new proline Baja bug, I like the flat nose baja bugs better w/ the headlights on the front.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Alright I know its been a few days, I just talked to A123 and my batteries should be delivered tomorrow.I have to drive up to Ohio for a week or so to tie up some loose ends, But, Ill be havin the frame powder coated while im there, final assembly, paintin the body, mountin the electronics. And then it will be time for a test drive! So say tuned, hang in there the best is yet to come! Oh and Happy Mardi Gras too!!

xoxo
Natalie
Old 02-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Nice colors!! Happy Mardi Gras Nat! I'm hoping to make it home next year for it, my wife's never been so I can't wait to see her reaction to "show me your tits"!! Being from Brasil, she prolly will! Laissez les bons temps rouler!!
Tom
metomwhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Sorry for the delay in updates and production, I sent the Frame out for powder coating yesterday and should be done by friday, Im goin out today to try and find some paint so that I can get this thing hooked up for this weekend. My driveshafts from RC4wd are in, along with my 9.9v battery setup from A123, Cant wait to get back down to NOLA to get this thing goin!

xoxo
Natalie
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

That is awesome. Great job on the tube work, love it.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Default The time is now!

After a short exhile/ vacation to the melting ohio tundra, I managed to get my Dub painted, Summit powdercoating did the frame and did an excellent job! Body was painted by yours truly, Im am exstatic about how this build turned out, I cant wait to get it out on the rocks and beat it up! I have my RC4wd punishershafts and A123 Batteries waitin for me when I get home so im gettin pretty anxious. Ive also been cookin up a front dig setup w brake that mounts to the rear axle so that should be fun to start on.

xoxo
Natalie
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

VERY SICK!! This is a very cool twist on the VW Bug. I predict you'll get a few offers to buy this kickazz crawler!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:13 AM   #72
Rock Stacker

nice work
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:29 AM   #73

Holy Moly thats a very nice buildup!! Credz to you Nat!
Kalamdrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

that rig looks AWESOME!! great work. now sell it to me!
MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #75
[HOONIGAN]

WOW!
That thing is freakin sick! I never though a vw tuber would look good but dang, that is one of the coolest tubers I've seen. It awesome to see something out of the norm. That thing turned out really cool.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #76
2006 2.2 National Champ

Awesome work, love the way it looks. We need some action shots now.

Yes.............................we are a needy bunch.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for everyones comments, the support has been overwhelming. I cant wait to start my next build!
Old 03-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

wow man that thing is amazing looking!!
Turblankas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

that has to be one of the best tubers i have ever seen
99chevyZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Default Action shots 1

took her out for her first spin today, what fun!!!goin sloooow is waay ore fun that haulin @$$!I did however have servo horn strippage, and some rear driveshaft issues... but! it was a success, I need to lower the rear of the car some, gotta pull the shocks apart again, I also wanna try a smaller battery setup, 9.9 volts is alot, this thing has alot of punch! It really moves actually. im also gonna try gearin down some. I have a 13t pinion in it with the R2 trans and moves pretty good. Doesnt stall out at all, but if i volt down im thinkin ill have to gear down some too, I wanna gear down anyway just to try. Lack of wheel speed definately isnt a problem here!
the A123 batteries are a little bulkier than I was planning so I have another Pack that I am going to split up a little to try to keep the weight lower. But they dont weigh anything, thats for sure!!!

Natalie
Attached Images