RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya TLT Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/)
-   -   VW tuber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/59522-vw-tuber.html)

NatalieMorgan 02-05-2007 05:17 PM

VW tuber

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all Natalie here.
I know that I havent even finished my first project but I am way too excited about my second. Its kinda early but im still in the planning/Parts aquisition phase. So here it is. I havent seen any VW Bug based tubers, I also havent welded anything in 10 years... so here we go!

krawlinCJ 02-05-2007 05:27 PM

Not bad for not having welded in ten years"thumbsup"

Keep us posted

dieselfuel 02-05-2007 05:46 PM

looks cool man. i need to learn how to braze so i can start on tube work.

Bronco 02-05-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel

looks cool girl"thumbsup"

k9popo 02-05-2007 06:58 PM

You go girl"thumbsup"...That looks sweet, what tranny you going to do???

racerx 02-05-2007 07:18 PM

FINALLY A CRAWLER CHICK! Welcome to RCC, great start on the tuber! Better than alot I've seen around here (not gonna say any names);-)...............

I wish my wife would let me build her one, my daughter loves hers if the wife would just jump on the crawler bandwagon I would be stoked!:lol:

VegasJim 02-05-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel

That would require working with fire. We'll have to find out from Rizzo if that is allowed. :lol:

You might burn the house down.

dieselfuel 02-05-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasJim
That would require working with fire. We'll have to find out from Rizzo if that is allowed. :lol:

You might burn the house down.

im not allowed to solder a this house even... brazing is waaayyy out of the question.

chole 02-05-2007 09:19 PM

That looks sweet. Nothing is cooler then a bug.

NatalieMorgan 02-05-2007 11:05 PM

not much tonite...

Thanks for all your encouraging words. i wish more chicks would get into this stuff. I actually got my roommate into it too, hes buildin a rubicon tuber right now, just waitin on parts. Im hopin to get some more done on the cage tomorrow, Maybe get the body trimmed up and fitted properly. I have to finish a couple pieces yet and then get the welds cleaned up. just like ridin a bike! more to come!

Natalie

LIKES2CRAWL 02-06-2007 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatalieMorgan
Hey all Natalie here.
I know that I havent even finished my first project but I am way too excited about my second. Its kinda early but im still in the planning/Parts aquisition phase. So here it is. I havent seen any VW Bug based tubers, I also havent welded anything in 10 years... so here we go!

I think I love you!;-)

NatalieMorgan 02-06-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9popo
You go girl"thumbsup"...That looks sweet, what tranny you going to do???

Itll get an RC4WD R2 Depending on how it performs in my other rig, which im gonna start a new thread on this afternoon. I am ordering another TLT kit today for the axles so that I can mock it up once the framework is finished.

Reflection 02-06-2007 07:49 AM

SWEET lookin rig so far. What kinda power plant you planning on? From what I can see,it'd be a sweet little rock racer with a high powered outrunner in there"thumbsup"

NatalieMorgan 02-07-2007 12:07 AM

Update

I started around 530 tonight, I completed almost the entire lower subframe, plus added the driver's side "Oh S**t" handle, I got the lower cradle welded in but then decided that I wanted to mount the trans different so I cut the center section out and put a couple 90's so the driveshaft would clear.theres plenty of room for the batteries inside so space isnt a problem. I finally ran out of oxygen around midnight, i have one more brace to weld in for the upper part of the 4 link on one of the corners and then I can start to make the rest of the trans mount and start hangin the suspension. Speeking of suspense, Ill be postin pics of tonights progress tomorrow after work. I am pleasantly surprised how its all coming together.

Oh, im runnin a brushless setup from Holmes hobbies, and my radio gear should be here in a few days too. I need some suggestions on batteries though, so any input would be appreciated. PICS SOON TO FOLLOW, dont worry.

xoxo
Natalie

PS forgot to mention earlier that this is my first build. I started on a K2-3s but set it aside for this one.

@tw!ll 02-07-2007 12:22 AM

Great looking project. If you have battery questions, talk to Mr Holmes about it. He's a wealth of useful knowledge. He'll at least aim you in the right direction for what you have.. Can't wait to see more"thumbsup"

kaaina 02-07-2007 02:04 AM

"thumbsup" looking sweet i like the stubiness

racerx 02-07-2007 09:49 AM

Get the A123 cells, a bunch of the RCP Crawler guy's run them and Jason runs them in the Hustler and he loves them. Plus they are ALOT tougher than the Lipo's I run in my rigs."thumbsup"

clodstall 02-07-2007 11:10 AM

i like your bug. nice work chick. cant wait to see it finished. my wifes kinda into this sport also. i do her building for now though. she likes watching me build these things. my 3 month old son has a tlt already. i play with it for him.lol anyway great job so far and keep up the good work.

wdogg78 02-07-2007 12:23 PM

nice little project keep up the work

NatalieMorgan 02-07-2007 05:04 PM

Ok heres the pics from last nights work.

4 Attachment(s)
Heres the Pics, cameras actin funny, oh well. here they are anyway