Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bulu2 chassis Build-Up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 09:03 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

For you folks running stick packs on your upper front links, do you notice any articulation loss from the batteries hitting the cross brace? Mine hits and I was wondering if yours hits too or you did something diffrent to keep it from hitting?
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL
For you folks running stick packs on your upper front links, do you notice any articulation loss from the batteries hitting the cross brace? Mine hits and I was wondering if yours hits too or you did something diffrent to keep it from hitting?
mine doesn't hit. It's a matter of ride height and upper link mount. Here's my mount

it sits pretty high so I'm guessing ride height. I've got 3.5" of GC at the skid

here's an early body off shot
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:27 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I too have 3.5" of belly clearence and my links are above my servo, I'm using Revo pushrods #5318 & 5318X's for links........here's a couple pic., maybee you can see something I'm not?
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

ok measure your link mount. Go from the top of the servo to the top of your alum link mount. I'll do the same. Yours looks higher. mine almost hits but just doesn't. You could have a tad more flex too. I'm at 6mm or 1/4" roughly. Oh, also whats your WB I'm at about 12" if you are longer in WB than it'll flex a bit more. I bet thats the diff.

Last edited by rckjeep; 07-22-2005 at 09:26 AM.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I'm at 12.50" WB, and my mount is about a 1/4" off the top of my servo too. I'm gonna go ahaed and run it like this for awhile and maybee try some diffrent size batt. packs or some saddle packs on the side of the chassis or a 3 cell on the links and 2 double cell packs on each side of the chassis as close to the front as possible. I'm just surprised not to here more about this problem maybee it dosn't cause that much of an issue, Oh well I'll just have to deal with it.