Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Need some TLT help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Need some TLT help

Looking for some of the fat rock aluminium Cs or anything similar to that. Even a a set of the type that make it a solid non steering axle. Anyone still sell these?

Thanks
shortbusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Need some TLT help

Post a wanted ad here, or look on ebay, scale4x4rc, etc. You're looking for stuff that has been forgotten by most or thrown out by now. There are a few collectors that have bulk bought tlt parts, but I no longer recall. Man, you more og than I am!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. Haha I found a buddy who is into it and figured I would see what I had left in parts. Think I can build 2 complete axles with what I have. I could have 4 axles if I get a knuckle or lockout set. Seems almost cheaper to give up on it and buy something new. The bully axles seem exciting. Wonder if I could bring back the stick chassis
Old 01-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbusjeep View Post
Looking for some of the fat rock aluminium Cs or anything similar to that. Even a a set of the type that make it a solid non steering axle. Anyone still sell these?

Thanks
TLT parts here don't know if it helps

TLT*Axles*::*RCP*Crawlers
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. I saw them earlier and was excited but the first item is the knuckle not the c. I guess I will just work with what I have and maybe pick up a set of different axles if I need a second rig. Very interested in either the bully axles or the traxxas portals
Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbusjeep View Post
Thanks. I saw them earlier and was excited but the first item is the knuckle not the c. I guess I will just work with what I have and maybe pick up a set of different axles if I need a second rig. Very interested in either the bully axles or the traxxas portals
If I remember correctly the Tamiya TA-01 steering knuckles were used in aluminum for steering, and were made by a few different manufacturers. In the rear you would use the same aluminum knuckles with the aluminum c hubs which were sold by a vendor here and and then make some small turnbuckles to lock them. Those were the days, It was trial and error but fun.
felixperez is offline   Reply With Quote

Need some TLT help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tlt/tlt chassis in the works i call it (PORK PIE) IronOx Tamiya TLT Crawlers 0 01-05-2006 10:42 PM
TLT-1 and TLT-10 tricks/ tips (UPDATE: TLT-10 conversion) Plays_with_Toys Tamiya TLT Crawlers 13 09-29-2004 05:19 AM