Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT-1 based Tube Crawler-Thanks RCCRAWLER USERS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #1

Default TLT-1 based Tube Crawler-Thanks RCCRAWLER USERS

I'd like to thnk everyone who helped me with this project and all the great ideas I got from this site. Please take a minute to view my crawler and feel free to leave your comments or suggestions here or on the site. It's just my msn space cause I don't know where picture hosting is at.

http://gman-rc.spaces.live.com/

You can make the pictures large and really see what's going on.

I use a Skysport 4 channel radio, it has independent rear steer and a drag brake on the trans to hold it in place on the rocks.

I just tore it down to paint and detail, those pictures will be added shortly.

Thanks again!
gman-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Great work It resembles Ralph...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yea thats what i was thinkin. really looks good tho
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

wow i like that drag brake! did you fab up all that stuff yourself? what trans was that? looks good! post up a vid when your done
revin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:17 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin9k
wow i like that drag brake! did you fab up all that stuff yourself? what trans was that? looks good! post up a vid when your done
It's a nitro pede trany they have the brake setup on the input shaft.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:11 AM   #6

Thanks guys, I used a pede trans,,, the nitro version cause I wanted to use the brake system. It works really nice, allows me to take time to think when crawling up something steep and not have to hold the truck in place with the throttle, and if your decending it stops you from rolling to fast down the grade......You can apply as much pressure as u want to the brake allowing you to throttle past the brake point and move a little at a time.
The rear driveshaft will be on a channel of it's own soon enough, so you can use front wheel drive only to suck the truck up over the top.

Last edited by gman-rc; 02-18-2007 at 10:08 AM.
gman-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #7

ISN'T THAT MY CRAWLER GINO?

I could've sworn that is the same one you sold me on eBay for over $700 and have not shipped yet.. am I right? You won't return my emails, you give me a sob story about how you had to take care of your sick wife, take her to the cancer hospital.. then take her on vacation with the money I paid for the crawler?!! Am I right? Man up guy! You would've done better to mess with a pit bull than to get me ticked off.. I will not stop until you make this right. SEND ME MY CRAWLER NOW!!!

Here's what Gino did.. he posts this on eBay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6804&rd=1&rd=1

I bought it (DPSHTER2) for $700 and some change. Paid immediately via Paypal. He then asks me if I want a charger with it. Sure I do.. another $75. Over a week goes by.. no crawler. So, I email him to ask for tracking numbers. He tells me he's taking measurements of it so he can make a new one. Tells me it's hard doing that and taking care of his sick wife at the same time. No problem.. I tell him I can wait.
He sends me 2 tracking numbers (USPS) a few days later. Only one box shows up (the charger), the other box had the wrong address and was returned to sender. I email him about it. He says he's had to take his wife to the cancer ward at a hospital or something of the sort, and that their going on vacation as soon as she gets out (using my $700). Tells me his brother will get the returned box (with crawler inside) and send it to me 2 day air. I wait. Nothing. Next email he tells me his brother can't pick up the box from the Post Office. Gino says he's returning the next day and will send it himself. I tell Gino that we're almost at the end of the Paypal 45 day protection period. After that, I'll have no recourse if I don't get the crawler.. I let him know I'm worried. He begs me not to "blemish" his Paypal record. I hold off until day 45 and then finally file with Paypal. His emails stop, no tracking number, no nothing. Then, he sends Paypal the tracking number to the box that had the CHARGER in it.. says the box was delivered back in March.
Gino.. please.. I'm asking you in public, nicely.. send me the crawler that I paid for in good faith. Do the right thing. I am an active duty Army Soldier who has served the last 21 years of my life defending this Nation.. your Nation.. protecting your freedom. Willing to lay my life down so you can do this to me?!! C'mon guy.. it's not too late. MAN... UP!

Moderators.. sorry for the hijack. I just want what's mine.

Last edited by BESRK; 04-20-2007 at 07:56 PM.
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

pic 27/31 of the tube chassis on the link he posted is the EXACT same picture as the one on ebay. it is definaltely him.
and it is a felony act to use the postal system to scam someone. and this does qualify from what i've seen happen with other scammers.

Last edited by theTman; 04-20-2007 at 09:41 PM.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Wow posing with a stolen truck. I hope you get your stuff BESRK.
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

gman-rcLast Activity: 03-02-2007 04:36 AM

do you really think he is watching?
everyone knows about the truck. theres not much point going on about it post after post if he hasnt been here for nearly 2 months.
what date was the last email you got from him?
davway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

OH WOW! That's messed up right there, he hasn't been on this site since March 2nd and the closing of the auction was on the 5th. Man I hope you get something out of this weather it be your money back or the crawler, good luck with this!

"I am an active duty Army Soldier who has served the last 21 years of my life defending this Nation.. your Nation.. protecting your freedom. Willing to lay my life down so you can do this to me?"

And thank you for doing what you do for our country, my prayers are out there for you all. STAND STRONG!
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway View Post
gman-rcLast Activity: 03-02-2007 04:36 AM

do you really think he is watching?
everyone knows about the truck. theres not much point going on about it post after post if he hasnt been here for nearly 2 months.
what date was the last email you got from him?
Last email was about a 10 days ago. I realize he doesn't frequent the board all that much but I wanted to post in his thread so by chance he does come back.. he'll see I was here exposing him. I don't plan on dragging this all over the place on the forum wasting time and bandwidth.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:46 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

oh yeah! postal violations, state lines, feds, he's going down!
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Two words: Judge Judy!!
calyakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #15

Yeah.. may have to do the court thing.. called two of his sisters.. they said they don't keep in touch with him...
Old 04-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

best of luck to you man. thats rough.
bemmermazda is offline   Reply With Quote